Five excellent first perso n shooters spring to mind: […]
Show full quote

Five excellent first perso n shooters spring to mind:

Goldeneye (Nintendo 64),
Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64) - Still the best game ever, in my opinion,
Timesplitters 2 (Playstation 2, Gamecube, and original XBox),
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (Playstation 2, Gamecube, and original XBox),
Unreal Championship 2 (original XBox).

All five deserved to be experienced by PC-only gamers.

good fps selection, timesplitters always looked good to me but i just wont try an fps without keyboard and mouse, very much attuned to that control system so i miss out

maybe if i spent a few days on consoles i'd get more used to it, some people can jump between control schemes no problem

RandomStranger wrote on 2022-12-07, 05:06:

Aside of those tetris handhelds, PoP was the first videogame I've ever played this remaster released on X360 and PS3 (unavailable in my region and completely taken down by now) and Android/IOS. The only way to play it on PC is through emulation.

IOS and Android - effectively another 'console' with difficult to emulate control scheme! all those mobile games should be included in the possible "wish they were on PC" list i suppose, cant think of any though

Reply 21 of 21, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerry wrote on 2022-12-07, 08:12:
RandomStranger wrote on 2022-12-07, 05:06:

Aside of those tetris handhelds, PoP was the first videogame I've ever played this remaster released on X360 and PS3 (unavailable in my region and completely taken down by now) and Android/IOS. The only way to play it on PC is through emulation.

IOS and Android - effectively another 'console' with difficult to emulate control scheme! all those mobile games should be included in the possible "wish they were on PC" list i suppose, cant think of any though

Even worse, that you can't even transfer apps between IOS and Android. I have a handful of decent paid games for IOS (PoP Classic and Shadow and the Flame among them), but I switched to Android 3 years ago. I paid money to be able to play those games and won't pay again, so all that's left is to either I buy something like an AppleTV to act as a gaming console or set sails under the jolly roger.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png