VOGONS

Reply 60 of 70, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't worry about it unless you want to spend lots of time messing around. Just look for the release when it eventually comes out, and subscribe to whatever notification system GitHub has, since I usually don't particularly announce releases.

The feature currently works like this:

Attachments

Reply 61 of 70, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Render Text is just a placeholder I guess?

And I guess you have to set the output resolution in addition to that though?
My main problem was that I got multiple input formats, and they would need different output formats. From how I understand it, you are still setting a fix output resolution here, which is then first matched with the output resolution in the other setting.
So even if you had 2 different input resolutions, you could set different filters for them, but only one of these filters would ever match, and to have the other one match for the other resolution, you would manually need to readjust the output, or are these more dynamic now?

Last edited by Kordanor on 2022-11-23, 18:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 70, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you have two different input resolutions, you'd set two different input gates, and either route them both to the same output or have different output paths. Or use the wildcard 0 in an input gate to catch a range of input widths/heights. The flow of data is always from input to output, and the filter chain with the most specific matching set of input/output conditions gets used. In the case of the output scaler, only the input gate matters, since the output resolution is dictated by the filter.

The text renderer is a new filter, generally as an internal text renderer for use by other filters, but also if you want to render some basic text yourself. You could also use the overlay for more advanced text display.

Last edited by vvbee on 2022-11-23, 18:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 63 of 70, by Kordanor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vvbee wrote on 2022-11-23, 18:31:

If you have two different input resolutions, you'd set two different input gates, and either route them both to the same output or have different output paths. Or use the wildcard 0 in an input gate to catch a range of input widths/heights. The flow of data is always from input to output, and the filter chain with the most specific set of input/output conditions gets used. In the case of the output scaler, only the input gate matters, since the output resolution is dictated by the filter.

The text renderer is a new filter, generally as an internal text renderer for use by other filters, but also if you want to render some basic text yourself. You could also use the overlay for more advanced text display.

Ah, alright! So this means, it replaces the "Output Resolution" window?

From how I understand it, previously it always did what the Output resolution dicated (filter only applied if input and output matched). Or would you now set the output resolution to the full new window size in this new setup?

Reply 64 of 70, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The output scaler filter takes control of the output size, scaling options outside the filter graph are disabled when an output scaling filter is active. The output gate matches whatever the current output size is, regardless of how it's achieved.

Reply 66 of 70, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 2.5.2, there is no exe file ?

As usual, Github confuses me to no end...😳 and I am never sure what to really download.
But in the online manual it says something about an vcs.exe file to 'install'/run this program in Windows ?

Reply 67 of 70, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No download for 2.5.2, it's such a small update over 2.5.1 and a bit time consuming to create and test those Windows exes. I'll put one up for the next version (2.6) when I get it released, many changes coming in that one.

For VCS, its Releases page on GitHub will have a vcsXXX.zip file under each release that a Windows exe is available for. The zip file's about 15 MB and has everything you need to run that version of VCS.