VOGONS

First post, by lmttn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again. I recently got and installed a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS using the driver set on PhilsComputerLab's website. For Windows games, everything works perfectly. However, when booting the computer, I get the following error message:

Config file is incomplete.
SBPort
Creative SB16 Emulation Driver NOT loading.

At first, I didn't make anything of it. It wasn't until I tried installing DOS games that I realized it might be a problem, as no game I installed detected any sound hardware. Did I forget to install something, or do I need to manually make a config file? Thanks in advance.

Reply 2 of 5, by lmttn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I followed the steps outlined there and now I have a new error:

Creative Audio @ Port d000, IRQ 10
Error: cannot open
Creative SB16 Emulation Driver NOT Loading

DOS stuff is generally outside my wheelhouse so apologies if this is actually really rudimentary stuff. It might have something to do with the fact that my sound card is in my second PCI slot (my first is occupied by my video card), but I don't know what in the config file to change if that is the cause of the problem.

Reply 4 of 5, by TehGuy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried running through Guide: Installing Windows 9x and DOS drivers on Audigy cards (version 3.1) ? Last I wanted a 2 ZS working under DOS, this worked pretty well

Win98+DOS: C3 Ezra-T 1.0AGHz / P3-S 1.26GHz, 128MB RAM, AWE64 + Orpheus + Audigy 2 ZS, Ti 4200, 128GB SD card
Win XP SP3: C2Q 9650, 4GB RAM, X-Fi Titanium, GTX 750
PowerMac G4 QS 800MHz + GeForce4 Ti4200, OS 9
PowerMac G5 DP 1.8Ghz + ATi x800 XT, Leopard

Reply 5 of 5, by lmttn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kruton 9000 wrote on 2022-07-20, 10:36:

What chipset are you using? Is it compatible with SB emulation?

440BX, my board is an Asus P2B-F. I'm not sure if that is compatible or not.