VOGONS

First post, by Alistar1776

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there some kind of hardware monitor for WinXP so I can check out the temps? Id also like some kind of stress testing software for cpu/gpu as well. 32 bit OS with SP3 installed.

Thanks for the help as always.

Reply 1 of 5, by xpladv570

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HWMonitor or AIDA64 should do the trick here for hardware monitoring. Latest versions should work on XP, but if not then try going a few versions back.
For stress testing, I just go with 3DMark 2000 or 2005, depending on the age of hardware. These seem to reveal eventual problems. For newer hardware, PRIME95 for CPU and Furmark (last version for XP: Version 1.20.2.0) for GPU. But i'd be careful with them.

Reply 2 of 5, by Alistar1776

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xpladv570 wrote on 2022-08-06, 01:11:

HWMonitor or AIDA64 should do the trick here for hardware monitoring. Latest versions should work on XP, but if not then try going a few versions back.
For stress testing, I just go with 3DMark 2000 or 2005, depending on the age of hardware. These seem to reveal eventual problems. For newer hardware, PRIME95 for CPU and Furmark (last version for XP: Version 1.20.2.0) for GPU. But i'd be careful with them.

processor is a Phenom 9750 quad core. im considering the Phenom 2 1090T for an upgrade

Reply 3 of 5, by doshea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I used to use Motherboard Monitor 5. I'm not sure if it's easy to find now.

There's also Open Hardware Monitor which I always planned to try but I don't think I ever did. From this issue it sounds like you might need to use an older version for XP compatibility.