VOGONS

Reply 1640 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for answer this I saw here , and that's why clarified receved information
This screenshots from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMmFcs-_4x4

Attachments

Reply 1641 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-10, 11:53:

Thank you for answer this I saw here , and that's why clarified receved information
This screenshots from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMmFcs-_4x4

Actually this is a typo in the video. Pressing Master volume + 5 on a real MT-32 as shown in the video should result in the more classic 1-8, 10 channel configuration and not the rather unusual 1-9 as shown in the video:

mt32chconfs.png
Filename
mt32chconfs.png
File size
51.3 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

The 1-9 channel configuration is also possible on MT-32 (as shown in my previous post) but it does not make much sense.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1643 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-21, 19:38:

When will be refreshed FSMP on main page ? My friend asked why on main page still old version )
Now I give to him version from forum )

Nowadays I only release new versions once per year when enough new features have already been added (not per every bug fix).
But test/development versions always can be downloaded (1st post of this thread):

Reply 1645 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-22, 02:08:

Thank you ) I transfer your answer to my friend )

and if you not hard and possible, explainwhy so as in this theme Why for drums was be selected 10 channel ?

I have replied on your mentioned thread.

Reply 1646 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Zoltan)
Quality BASSMIDI Sound Font VST plugin , I have SB Live! 5.1 and on this board with Windows XP and LiveWare 3.0 if set reverb as 50% and chorrus as 30% play this midi as in attachment ) , but SB X-Fi and SB Audigy play this MIDI very bad , also BASSMIDI and your version BASSMIDI play this MIDI bad , if you do you hear so can notice as play piano in ultima MIDI with bankset MarinoEnhGMv1.sf2pack and as play drums in 4_shout with bankset a340.sf2pack , SB Live! play this completely different this possible improve or bring it closer to SB Live! ? https://yadi.sk/d/nA3EI8C6gHA3ww

Reply 1647 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-28, 16:36:

Hi Zoltan)
Quality BASSMIDI Sound Font VST plugin , I have SB Live! 5.1 and on this board with Windows XP and LiveWare 3.0 if set reverb as 50% and chorrus as 30% play this midi as in attachment ) , but SB X-Fi and SB Audigy play this MIDI very bad , also BASSMIDI and your version BASSMIDI play this MIDI bad , if you do you hear so can notice as play piano in ultima MIDI with bankset MarinoEnhGMv1.sf2pack and as play drums in 4_shout with bankset a340.sf2pack , SB Live! play this completely different this possible improve or bring it closer to SB Live! ? https://yadi.sk/d/nA3EI8C6gHA3ww

To be honest I do not hear much difference between Live! A340.ogg and bm-a340.ogg. But even if I could hear something I do not think I could do anything with it.
Ask Ian at un4seen's forum:
https://www.un4seen.com/

BTW, the most important difference between SB Live (when used with earlier drivers) and later Audigy/X-Fi is that SB Live with earlier drivers does not support SF2 modulators at all while Audigy and X-Fi do support SF2 modulators. Bassmidi also supports some modulators (but not all).
Maybe the difference you hear can be attributed to completely missing modulator support on SB Live.

Reply 1649 of 1727, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,
Sorry for bothering. I remember in the past, you did a mod2midi capable to divide the midi tracks, one for each instruments so that is possible to have track without program changes. I'm looking for that but I could not find. Can you please help me sharing it again? I tryed from command line using 0 1 0 but this seems not working properly to me, but i remember you worked on this. Generated midi always create program changes and mute tracks with that configuration.
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

Attachments

• Filename
    loader.rar
    File size
    25.81 KiB
    Downloads
    23 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 1650 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2024-02-01, 06:43:
Hi, Sorry for bothering. I remember in the past, you did a mod2midi capable to divide the midi tracks, one for each instruments […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Sorry for bothering. I remember in the past, you did a mod2midi capable to divide the midi tracks, one for each instruments so that is possible to have track without program changes. I'm looking for that but I could not find. Can you please help me sharing it again? I tryed from command line using 0 1 0 but this seems not working properly to me, but i remember you worked on this. Generated midi always create program changes and mute tracks with that configuration.
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

Hi,
No, I have never created such version of mod2midi. But you can find the conversation and the modified version here:
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Reply 1651 of 1727, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was using the one inside mifi player because i've seen the command in the help line

<source_file> <destination path> <use drum channel[0/1]> <by inst[0/1]> <by track[0/1]>

I've setted 0 1 0.

I can see a lot of program changes with the same instruments, but 3 tracks mute.

setting 0 1 1 I've wrong results.

Aldo

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 1652 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2024-02-01, 11:11:
I was using the one inside mifi player because i've seen the command in the help line […]
Show full quote

I was using the one inside mifi player because i've seen the command in the help line

<source_file> <destination path> <use drum channel[0/1]> <by inst[0/1]> <by track[0/1]>

I've setted 0 1 0.

I can see a lot of program changes with the same instruments, but 3 tracks mute.

setting 0 1 1 I've wrong results.

Aldo

As I have written earlier to Roland User I have not even touched the code of mod2midi for 5 years and I do not even remember how it works. Furthermore what I wrote at the end of that conversation still holds:

So overall I do no think general replacing methods that work with every mod exist (no matter how I would alter the conversion and track representation). And forgive me but I feel I have already sacrificed more of my free time than I wanted to this subject (since in my opinion the end result can not be satisfactory). The default conversion that preserves the most aspect of the original mod is the best as far as FSMP's mod playback ability is concerned and it works well.

That is Midi Player uses default values and default values gives the best conversion result.
The default is: mod2midi <source_file> <destination path> without additional parameters (which actually means: 1 0 0).

Reply 1653 of 1727, by ColomboGMGS2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I took a sneak peak into the current version, 6.2, it looks better and the channels display is more intuitive with their preset name overlays, but when it comes to routing SFX via cc94, I can't apply effects to drum channels now.

Reply 1654 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ColomboGMGS2 wrote on 2024-02-03, 18:46:

I took a sneak peak into the current version, 6.2, it looks better and the channels display is more intuitive with their preset name overlays, but when it comes to routing SFX via cc94, I can't apply effects to drum channels now.

Yes, I can confirm this. I have not cheked this so far but it seems all the newer versions of Bassmidi have this bug/restriction. BTW, the effect works on channel 10 when you switch Bassmidi to XG mode.
But older verisons also worked in GM/GS mode so it is definitely a regression.
I can attach an old version of Bassmidi if you want that still works but be aware that it is missing some new feaures that Midi Player relies on. So using it is not a well tested scenario.
If you would like to use this feature in GM/GS mode you can report this bug at un4seen's forum at https://www.un4seen.com .

@Edit:
I have reported the problem to Ian at un4seen.com. You can follow the conversation here:
https://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=20320.ms … 42234#msg142234

@Edit2:
Ian says it's because Roland gears also disable CC#94 on drum channels in GS/GM mode.

Reply 1655 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Zoltan )
It's again me )
I all think about your refusal include in WinMM Multi Port VSTi reset for MT-32 with dual synth MT-32 with all 16 channels ) if I understood you correctly , you before sayd what if this do , will questions from users about this reset ) but this can name as reset MUNT MT-32 or something like this what if add reset with F0 66 7E 02 F7 if not hard ? Or you not want and not be this do ?

Reply 1656 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And another one question about BASSMIDI SoundFont VST ) look in your in plugin have opportunity load one master soundfont and up to fourht secondary soundfonts ) that is we can load fifth soundfonts if need , but for this need click button SoundFont/Bassmidi Setup and there select soundfonts for load simultaneously ) you only not be angry but , what you showed me about this my post this my post Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player and here Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player , you already done but a little less convenient ) when I offered you this so as in post ) I think what be not four variant and thirty variants or at least sixteen variants for select soundfonts for hotplug needlessly click button SoundFont/Bassmidi Setup , if this not hard , may be you consider my offer again and if you see fit to do expand sound fonts list on main window ) this can do as already create select midi channels in WinMM Multi Port VSTi when do select custom ) only here need add drop-down list if press button show sound fonts or something like this )

What is the problem in your method ? Problem is that if I load master sound font , next load alternative soundftont , I have preload both sound font in RAM and have conflict if in sound fonts distributed banks with instruments not match , in this cause for example I can load master OPL with MSB 0/2/4/6/8 banks and load secnond bank with only MSB 0 bank as additional , and I will hear both banksest , I want switch so , what to if I select bank , I hear only selected bank without another sound ) now I can set maximum 4 banks for fast swith ) thank you )

Attachments

Reply 1657 of 1727, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-02-12, 22:08:

And another one question about BASSMIDI SoundFont VST ) ...

BassMidi VSTi is meant to be used in a DAW. In a DAW you can have as many instances of the plugin as you want with different Soundfonts. Actually it can be argued that even the 4 additional slots are unnecessary. Only 1 additional slot would be enough for a Creative style variation bank (in order to be able to play Mid+SF2 pairs that require a variation SF2 at Bank 1 and the presence of a GM SF2 at bank 0). The additional slots are never meant to be used for full GM/GS soundfonts.
Let me quote myself from the old posts you linked:

Anyway you have only 3 choices left in this situation: 1. Continue using Coolsoft VMS. There's your list and ini file. Realize t […]
Show full quote

Anyway you have only 3 choices left in this situation:
1. Continue using Coolsoft VMS. There's your list and ini file. Realize that BassmidiVsti is simply not for you.
2. Make a compromise and use Bassmidivsti in its current form.
3. Hire me/offer me a job to write a plugin that works the way you want.

Reply 1658 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1) CoolSoft after compressed soundfonts I more not want ) at all )
2) I understand , because I and ask you as you see this ) you free man and I understand what can recive refusal of my offer )
3) with this all hard , very hard ) I'll just say what this for me not possible.
Just I perceived your BASSMIDI not as one synth for one bank , but as comfortable synthsesizer with opportunity switch banksets )
Also , I very wait VST version other synthesizer , but at this time I at all not known will it VST version SeerSystems Reality or not )

Reply 1659 of 1727, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I want ask something else on WinMM Multi Port VSTi ) now this plugin if I selectin MIDI device , I see this as on first attachment ) if you remember I asked as use VBS scripting to recive MIDI ID device. I think what if recive MIDI ID from your plugin ? )
Please if this not hard add in this plugin MIDI device ID near with MIDI device name ) this will make it easier on set force MIDI ID Set for WMP )
I offer do make as second attachment
Maybe you will consider this idea )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2993.png
    Filename
    Screenshot_2993.png
    File size
    20.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • id00000.png