I'm back with a release after another 2 years...
Made some more long overdue updates to VIAFSB and published the code as before to Github: https://github.com/enaiel/viafsb.
v0.3.1
* Code refactoring and cleanup.
* Added print config feature to help verify against PLL datasheet.
* Fixes for PLLs ICS9248-127, W83194BR-39B, W83195R-08.
I tried everything I could to try and change FSB frequencies across PCI dividers, but failed. Some PLLs allow you to program them with fine grained control to set any frequency in the given range by setting a VCO divider (n) and REF divider (m) using a formula, instead of setting the frequency using values from a ROM table. Some PLLs allow you to program safe frequencies for a Watchdog timer that will send a reset pulse and switch the frequency if it detects instability after changing the FSB. However, no matter what I tried, all I got was hard freezes.
I added a print config feature (-c|--config) to print out the config tables of a PLL similar to a datasheet to help diagnose config issues. Using this feature I found an error in my ICS9248-127 config, which I fixed. I also found errors in the datasheets for W83194BR-39B and W83195R-08 which I also fixed. They neglected to mention that the latched frequencies were inverted! These 3 PLLs should hopefully work now.
I know it's been a long time coming, but I appreciate any testing you are able to do with this release.
The attachment viafsb-0.3.1.zip is no longer available