First post, by OzzFan
The Dobson Utilities is a new utility suite for MS and PC DOS* systems and Windows 3.1x. Here is a current list of included applications and their descriptions:
- ASSOCEDT.EXE - File association editor for Windows.
- CDD.COM - Changes drive and directory in one command.
- CDIR.EXE - Displays directories and files using color coding.
- DISKSTAT.EXE - Displays directory statistics and disk usage for Windows.
- EXPLORER.EXE - Win95-like file explorer for Windows.
- FILEDATE.COM - Changes the file time and/or date stamp on a file.
- FINDFILE.EXE - Locates all instances of a named file on a drive.
- MEMINFO.EXE - Displays memory info: conventional, extended, and expanded.
- REVEAL.EXE - System information and benchmark utility.
- SUPERBAT.COM - A multi-function batch file utility.
- SYSCLOCK.COM - Displays or optionally changes the time and date.
- TASKMAN.EXE - Windows 3.1 task list replacement.
- TIMESYNC.EXE - Time synchronization for Windows. Requires TCP/IP stack.
- VERSION.COM - Reports the DU version number to legacy programs.
- XMOVE.EXE - Moves directory trees.
You can download them at https://www.shelteringoak.com/du (or if you have an older browser on the internet, http works too!).
Full patch history can be found in the WHATSNEW.TXT file included. Also, see README.TXT for important notes.
And as usual, since I am just an individual person trying to put out quality software but lack the resources to test for every edge case, the normal disclaimer about no warranties, express or implied, are made. Always ensure you have proper backups of important data. Use these programs at your own risk.
Of course, I will make a best effort to patch any bugs I can replicate. Just leave a note below and I'll take a look. Feature requests welcome too!
* Other DOS releases may or may not work, but I have not tested with anything other than MS and PC DOS from 3.30 up to MS-DOS 6.22 and PC DOS 7.0.
Hobbyist Developer : https://www.shelteringoak.com/du/