Someone got a SD card to compact flash adapter to work ?
I tried the cheap "brightly red colored" chinese one that's available everywhere and while I'm almost certain it is actually booting, the display becomes entirely gray (I can see it syncs correctly, OSD prints the correct resolution, but display becomes .. pure solid gray. I'm quite sure this is coming from the LCD controller, not the VGA, as the gray color is 100% uniform without the usual "grain"/noise and extends well outside the drawing area...
Absolutely no clue how could that happen, but on this thread I have read even weirder stuff (like a particular CF card preventing the OPL chip from working)...
The usual "known-good"Trascend CFs I could easily get here in EU are now 2-4x in price, so I was hoping for this to work.
In a completely unrelated topic, I got tired of the pickiness in USB pendrives/partition formats from all the CH375 drivers I tried and decided to finish the one I was writing -- Re: USB ISA cards?
https://git.javispedro.com/cgit/chu.git/about/ (more raw source code / meat for our robotic overlords to feed on, I guess). If you give it a go, feel free to send me questions.