VOGONS


Reply 40 of 46, by Saekita <3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

What about the soundcard? I've heard the onboard CS4280 has a decent OPL3 compatable synth.
I've went with W98SE on this board and this does not sound anything. Not in dos games ofc. It does on win, but not enough for us. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Reply 41 of 46, by The Solutor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Saekita <3 wrote on Yesterday, 16:50:

What about the soundcard? I've heard the onboard CS4280 has a decent OPL3 compatable synth.
I've went with W98SE on this board and this does not sound anything. Not in dos games ofc. It does on win, but not enough for us. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

If you're using WDM drivers (usually marked as Win98/ME drivers, try to use VXD ones usually marked as Win95 or Win95/98 drivers

Reply 42 of 46, by Saekita <3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
The Solutor wrote on Yesterday, 17:46:
Saekita <3 wrote on Yesterday, 16:50:

What about the soundcard? I've heard the onboard CS4280 has a decent OPL3 compatable synth.
I've went with W98SE on this board and this does not sound anything. Not in dos games ofc. It does on win, but not enough for us. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

If you're using WDM drivers (usually marked as Win98/ME drivers, try to use VXD ones usually marked as Win95 or Win95/98 drivers

Where to get them? i've not found any.

Installed some from archive but no one works. Only worked under windows the file I will attach but it's useless when i open some dos thing.

Reply 43 of 46, by The Solutor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Saekita <3 wrote on Today, 07:06:

Installed some from archive but no one works. Only worked under windows the file I will attach but it's useless when i open some dos thing.

Eh? 😮

The attached file is the driver for a VGA Matrox g200/g400 file, not really the best one to make a sound card working 😁

Where to get them? i've not found any.

Just use the PID and VID values and search with duckduck, but if the sound card is integrated the maker of your MB is the first place to take in account. Then there is vogons drivers, then there are zillions sites dedicated to drivers.

Reply 45 of 46, by Saekita <3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I've been trying with SBEMU. After spending some time configuring, it prompts me
No supported soundcard found!
Maybe I need drivers for the CS4280 under dos¿

Reply 46 of 46, by Saekita <3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
The Solutor wrote on Today, 07:18:
Eh? O_o […]
Show full quote
Saekita <3 wrote on Today, 07:06:

Installed some from archive but no one works. Only worked under windows the file I will attach but it's useless when i open some dos thing.

Eh? 😮

The attached file is the driver for a VGA Matrox g200/g400 file, not really the best one to make a sound card working 😁

Where to get them? i've not found any.

Just use the PID and VID values and search with duckduck, but if the sound card is integrated the maker of your MB is the first place to take in account. Then there is vogons drivers, then there are zillions sites dedicated to drivers.

That happens when I do not have any order here, just chaos files...... Deamn.