VOGONS

First post, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

You all know the problem: You have a game installed and you figure out that it doesn't give you the option to reverse the mouse y-axis. Especially an FPS will make that unplayable for you. Just happened with Dark Rites. Default is mouse up for looking down, but I can only play vice versa.

Is there a mouse tool around which solves that problem?

Sheriff Hobbes

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Reply 1 of 9, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There's currently no way to change this besides messing with the sources.
Maybe somewhen the mouse movement/buttons will be included in the
mapper so they can be arbitrarily changed.

Reply 3 of 9, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried to add it to D.O.G by hooking into the Mouse LowLevel System Hook of Windows, and it worked as long as it wasn't DirectX or OpenGL that was rendering.

So the only two options I geuss there are left are rewriting a plugin dll for SDL or rewriting DosBox.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 4 of 9, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think a good solution would only be inside DOSBox, because
a) portability - go with your game config to any computer and it will work
b) it's probably not so good tampering with your Windows drivers. It may work on a Windows XP, but not on Vista, etc.

If anybody of you DOSBox guys could do that, it'll be perfect. I'd like to help, but I'm not a programmer. 🙁

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Reply 6 of 9, by tikbalang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

here it is: ctmouse v2.1b4 including binaries with inverted axis.

Attachments

• Filename
    ctm21b4x.zip
    File size
    295.88 KiB
    Downloads
    2755 downloads
    File comment
    ctmouse v2.1b4 with inverted axis.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

ESS PCI DOS Drivers

Reply 8 of 9, by pycur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sheriff Hobbes: I today found this game, and I also used ctmouseY.exe to invert the mouse axis in game, after that I hit Ctrl F5 to take some screens, and the game noticed me to changed mouse axis by itself without the tool...so F5 is simply changes axis in the game... 😁

Reply 9 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pycur wrote on 2019-08-09, 09:50:

Sheriff Hobbes: I today found this game, and I also used ctmouseY.exe to invert the mouse axis in game, after that I hit Ctrl F5 to take some screens, and the game noticed me to changed mouse axis by itself without the tool...so F5 is simply changes axis in the game... 😁

Pardon the necro. Doesn't work for me. I thought the button F5 can toggle normal/inverted mouse axis as you described, but I press the button, and nothing happens. Once I load ctmouseY.exe, the Y axis stays inverted regardless.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.