Common searches

SDRmap v6.5 on Dosbox

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 26, by Napstr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Now I'm really confused - how can the program locate all program files and allow all other program functionallity (with the occasional hiccup - but overall no difference noticed) saving data create dxf files or text files but not printing to txt file. Everything else works so one would assume it can get at the directory it is trying to access when the error occurs. Is itpossible that dosbox is defaulting to read only access to this directory or is blocking directory and file creation in one step?

Reply 22 of 26, by Napstr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah I wonder

is it possible that as the work around to installing on XP and above is to copy the source directory onto the same place as was on a 98 or below machine - could the setup somehow be trying to recurse the original full path hence trying to create 2 directories at once which will always fail?

The solution would therefore be to create extra directories so it can recurse correctly or to move it up the directory structure so when C is mounted mapsys is a directory under it (as it was by default on the initial install) will try this now 😀

Reply 23 of 26, by Napstr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No Go 🙁

Tried to create all directories and recurse structure but apparently the status window shows the full path. Created the extra directory that it was wanting and still get the disk full error! 🙁

It now hangs with the following shown in the status window:
"SHELL:Redirect output to memdump.txt"

Reply 25 of 26, by Napstr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi as yet I am unable to install through Dosbox - I'm not sure if it's due to it originally having install disks on floppies and as I have no drive anymore i am attempting an install from CD's i.e. multi cd's with 1.4 MB max as they are acting as the floppies.

When I try this it starts but fails on the first disk saying internal error in the sys2.dat file - field 60

Any ideas on what's causing that? and more importantly how to get around it?

Reply 26 of 26, by gojir83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have succeed running SDRMAP 6.5 in Vista via DosBOX..
But, I have a problem to download data from SOKKIA SET 510 into this SDRMAP 6.5 DOSBOX..
Anyone can help me please ?

Thank in Advance