VOGONS

First post, by plank

User metadata

Is something missing?. How can Glide2x.dll act as a Glide wrapper?. Does the .INI file generate after running the Glide-based program or something?

Reply 3 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC, the .ini is generated upon first use of a game with the glide wrapper. You can then modify the .ini later if the default settings do not work well with the game.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 6, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Note that the .ini just appears in the "current" directory, which is on a windows based system normally the same directory that contains the .exe file of the game (or dosemu).

I think this is quite broken behavior, it clutters your system with .ini files and requires write permission in every game directory. I started a partial fix in the "development" forum for linux/unix machines that places the .ini file inside ~/.openglide -- for windows this should probably be %APP_SETTINGS% ...

To support games that need different openglide settings, i think an environment variable like $OGL_CONFIG should be used to provide a non-standard .ini-name. But that's better discussed in the development forum 😉

For now, just be sure you have write permission in the "current" directory when using openglide.