VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently, I've been doing some over clocking experiments, using a Coppermine 1 GHz CPU, a Powerleap adapter, and Windows 98. I've discussed this topic here.

I'd like to rerun these tests, but make a screen capture of the results. I think it would look good to have the various test results on the screen at the same time. For example, I could have "Everest Home edition" report the CPU and its speed on one part of the screen, and also have "Sandra 2002 Pro" report its CPU arithmetic results on another part of the screen. I could then make a whole screen capture.

Can some please recommend a (freeware) download for Windows 98, that will allow me to do a screen capture? Thanks a lot people.

Edit: I have included some "carriage return line feed" combos, in order to break up this message, in the hope that it makes it easier to read.

Last edited by retro games 100 on 2010-09-21, 11:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PRINT SCREEN --> EDIT -- > PASTE into your favourite image editor (Paint, xnview etc)

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 3 of 8, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

here some "enters"

Sorry, I don't understand.

Amigaz wrote:

PRINT SCREEN --> EDIT -- > PASTE into your favourite image editor (Paint, xnview etc)

I must be doing something wrong with the "Print Screen" keyboard technique, because I've never seen a screen capture taken using it. Is it CTRL key + PRINT SCREEN key combo? And where does the screen capture image go to please? Thanks.

Reply 4 of 8, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand. […]
Show full quote
Qbix wrote:

here some "enters"

Sorry, I don't understand.

Amigaz wrote:

I must be doing something wrong with the "Print Screen" keyboard technique, because I've never seen a screen capture taken using it. Is it CTRL key + PRINT SCREEN key combo? And where does the screen capture image go to please? Thanks.

When you press PRINT SCREEN the screendump is stored in the windows clipboard, just pressing PRINT SCREEN captures the whole screen.
Then in an image editor you can "collect" th captured screen from the clipboard by just pasting it from the edit menu...then you save the image in which format you want etc

Using ALT + PRINT SCREEN let's you capture an individual window

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 8 of 8, by AlienBZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
retro games 100 wrote:

Thanks a lot people! All comments taken on board, and stored in the ship's computer.

Way too supercool, man! I like the way you talk.