First post, by leileilol
Decided to start another PowerVR thread but about using SGL MiniGLs with the PCX2. This is strictly about games that can use the OpenGL API,
This list is a work-in-progress.
OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED MiniGL list
The games that come with a PowerVR MiniGL or games that had an official MiniGL patch available, intended to support the game it's for. Versions number included, trailing 1.0.x.x removed. This MiniGL series displays a "PowerVR EXTREME" logo fading out for a few seconds in the top-right corner on startup.
Games that "work" but obviously aren't intended to be supported.
- Heretic II (2.1 - console will warn about not supporting PowerVR when you use it)
- Daikatana (2.1 - the game comes with one which you can't normally use!) Video
- Tumiki Fighters
- Quake III Arena (2.1, use r_primitives 3; note that triangle strips aren't supported and will look very wrong) Video
- Kingpin: Life of Crime (6.0)
The unique driver that can be found in Crime Cities and its demo. Gets more of the later games to function, however, unlike the PowerVR MiniGL it does not feature any blending workarounds so games will look even more glitched and opaque. Graphics will be broken to various degrees.
- Quake III Arena Video (note- I modified most textures to add alpha blending, will do an engine build that fixes graphics)
- MDK2 Video
- DXX-Rebirth (Descent port, looks fine except for the additive tint effects. I have reported this issue.)
- Serious Sam (unfortunate skybox depth issue kills visibility) Video
- Nexuiz (r_fullbright, gl_mesh_testmanualfeeding, loadsky no required) Video
GAMES YOU'D EXPECT TO WORK, BUT DOESN'T
Games that fail on either MiniGL due to various or unknown reasons
- Jedi Outcast
- Call of Duty (no 512 support)
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Doom III
- Starsiege Tribes (weird pickiness of hardware)
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Black screen or crash)
- TeeWorlds (can't load textures)
- TuxRacer (can't load textures)
- Prboom-plus (Signal 11 error)