VOGONS

First post, by Beauty_Karova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi !!!
I tried to run BaK for a long , very long time with my WinXP...and finally I tried with dosbox.But it said me that I don't have enough memory to run the game (344464 bytes free)
Then I tried different things:
1 - I made a line in config.nt file ( EMM=RAM) in order to use all the extended momory .... nothing
2- I went into Krondor.exe properties and changed EMS and XMS into automatic ... nothing
3 - I made a boot floppy ...NOTHING
help me , I don't know what to do now 🙁 🙁
Ps : i downloaded the 0.63 dosbox version

Reply 1 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Topic 2951

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

BAK runs ok in DOSBOX. It can just take a bit longer to start (I think I heard that it zeroes all available EMS).
Anyway, you are confusing two things: DOSBOX settings are determined by DOSBOX.CONF. When a program is run in DOSBOX it does not have anything to do with CONFIG.NT or shortcut properties !!!!

Check that you have EMS allowed in DOSBOX.CONF and that you configured the sound properly.

Mirek

Reply 4 of 6, by Beauty_Karova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry if i took the post in a wrong place : i didn't know if the problem was with dosbox , the game or my computer 😕
And I still don't know.
Mirek , thank U but I aready tried what you suggested .Still saying "not enought memory to run the game..." depressing !!!