WIP versions

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Re: WIP versions

Postby WSH303 » 2019-5-22 @ 07:59

Vindictus still have some issues with sky:

Image

But Dark Souls 1 works, event resolution forcing, in 21:9 proportions everything looks fat, but it works :D
WSH303
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 2016-5-13 @ 13:41

Re: WIP versions

Postby Wastelander121 » 2019-5-22 @ 11:43

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and Vanquish refuse to boot. Steam says they're running then after 5 seconds it closes.

Arkham Asylum looks fantastic now btw. Thanks :)
Wastelander121
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2019-3-17 @ 10:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby teleguy » 2019-5-22 @ 13:49

Wastelander121 wrote:Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and Vanquish refuse to boot. Steam says they're running then after 5 seconds it closes.

Arkham Asylum looks fantastic now btw. Thanks :)


Error message for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe is "Direct3DCreate9Ex not found in Renderer_Win32Steam_Release.dll".
teleguy
Member
 
Posts: 433
Joined: 2004-2-28 @ 18:54

Re: WIP versions

Postby Dege » 2019-5-22 @ 14:10

ZellSF wrote:Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them :(. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth texturing used in the game didn't work at all.
I worked that out in WIP60 but after your report I found a bug that caused it not work with forced resolutions. I fixed it:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1_dbg.zip

teleguy wrote:
Wastelander121 wrote:Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and Vanquish refuse to boot. Steam says they're running then after 5 seconds it closes.

Arkham Asylum looks fantastic now btw. Thanks :)


Error message for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe is "Direct3DCreate9Ex not found in Renderer_Win32Steam_Release.dll".

Yep... I've just checked out Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and it turned out to be D3D9Ex (Vista+). Blah.
What does a game need D3D9Ex for? It was introduced because of the new WDDM driver model and the desktop compositor, with features like shared video memory between multiple GPU's, etc., not really for new rendering features.
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: WIP versions

Postby Wastelander121 » 2019-5-22 @ 18:20

Dege wrote:Yep... I've just checked out Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and it turned out to be D3D9Ex (Vista+). Blah.
What does a game need D3D9Ex for? It was introduced because of the new WDDM driver model and the desktop compositor, with features like shared video memory between multiple GPU's, etc., not really for new rendering features.


No idea. I don't know of many games that use D3D9Ex either. Just Blackgate and I think the first Crysis, not certain about Crysis though.

Edit: Apparently, it has some better optimisation over D3D9, according to the Steam forums of CSGO.
Wastelander121
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2019-3-17 @ 10:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby Dege » 2019-5-23 @ 18:45

Wastelander121 wrote:No idea. I don't know of many games that use D3D9Ex either. Just Blackgate and I think the first Crysis, not certain about Crysis though.

Edit: Apparently, it has some better optimisation over D3D9, according to the Steam forums of CSGO.

I was curious and added minimal D3D9Ex support. Now Arkham Origins is running nicely. :D
The only thing it seems to utilize from D3D9Ex is the extended version of handling display modes. Does the game support rotated monitors in some way? Who knows...
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: WIP versions

Postby ZellSF » 2019-5-26 @ 11:31

Dege wrote:
ZellSF wrote:Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them :(. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth texturing used in the game didn't work at all.
I worked that out in WIP60 but after your report I found a bug that caused it not work with forced resolutions. I fixed it:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1_dbg.zip

Nice, sadly bloom effects are misaligned (makes sense, probably a post-processing effect) and it gets worse the further forced resolution is from native resolution. Maybe worth it for 1080p>1440p, but not very fun for 2160p users :(.
ZellSF
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: 2006-1-01 @ 18:19

Re: WIP versions

Postby Wastelander121 » 2019-5-26 @ 18:12

Dege wrote:
Wastelander121 wrote:No idea. I don't know of many games that use D3D9Ex either. Just Blackgate and I think the first Crysis, not certain about Crysis though.

Edit: Apparently, it has some better optimisation over D3D9, according to the Steam forums of CSGO.

I was curious and added minimal D3D9Ex support. Now Arkham Origins is running nicely. :D
The only thing it seems to utilize from D3D9Ex is the extended version of handling display modes. Does the game support rotated monitors in some way? Who knows...

Fantastic news, glad you got it working! :)
Wastelander121
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2019-3-17 @ 10:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby lowenz » 2019-5-26 @ 19:52

ZellSF wrote:
Dege wrote:
ZellSF wrote:Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them :(. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth texturing used in the game didn't work at all.
I worked that out in WIP60 but after your report I found a bug that caused it not work with forced resolutions. I fixed it:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1_dbg.zip

Nice, sadly bloom effects are misaligned (makes sense, probably a post-processing effect) and it gets worse the further forced resolution is from native resolution. Maybe worth it for 1080p>1440p, but not very fun for 2160p users :(.

Bloom in DXHR is applied NOT as a postprocessing part, it's a stage in the rendering pipeline.
Actually "postprocess" entry in the graphic options does nothing in the DC version.
lowenz
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: 2014-12-20 @ 01:30

Re: WIP versions

Postby JJXB » 2019-5-31 @ 12:42

Tested both Nikita: Mystery of the Hidden Treasure and Nikita: Speedy Pirates with WIP 60.1 and both blackscreen and refuse to go any further. have tried restricting the enumerated resolutions to see if that will work but no luck. Both are on the Chrome engine according to game files at least.
JJXB
Newbie
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 2015-11-23 @ 17:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby antrad » 2019-6-01 @ 00:33

My GPU died, so I'm stuck with Intel integrated graphics. Area 51 is all messed up with version WIP60 (DX9), it's like something is wrong with the rendering order, polygons appear and disappear (you can see people's teeth and eyeballs sometimes), some people are rendered in front a wall instead of behind it, etc. Since it is a free game it is easy to test, links are on PCGamingWiki page.
User avatar
antrad
Newbie
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 2018-2-18 @ 22:36

Re: WIP versions

Postby Dege » 2019-6-07 @ 14:32

I had little time recently but I fixed some things:

=========================
WIP61:
=========================

- Minimal D3D9Ex support and fixing implementation of a certain D3D9 query type (Batman Arkham Origin Blackgate)
- Minor compatibility fix for cube textures and non-pow2 block type textures (HAWX)
- Vertex shader texture sampling fix + minor modification in the code generator (Carrier Command - Gaea Mission)
- Minor problem of default viewport is fixed (Call of Cthulhu)
- Minor state block bug, fixed (Vindictus)
- Minor surface lock incompatibility, fixed (Vanquish)
- Fixing texture/cube texture mipmap autogenerating (R.U.S.E., ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Bug in the shader code generator, fixed (ps3) (ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Resolution forcing bug (fr-069 Boombox)
- Some other minor changes (GTA IV)


http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61_dbg.zip
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: WIP versions

Postby JJXB » 2019-6-07 @ 15:17

Retested Nikita and Nikita Speedy Pirates. still same issue with black screen. have tried getting a debug log out of dgvoodoo but even with dbg build and the debug stuff set in the dgvoodoo.conf, i get no dgvoodoo.log. closest i could do was run nikita through x32dbg with warning = enablebreak in the dgvoodoo.conf and try to get the message log out of that which i will attach the output to this post (even if i'm not sure that'd be helpful)
Attachments
Nikitax32dbgDGV.txt
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
JJXB
Newbie
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 2015-11-23 @ 17:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby ZellSF » 2019-6-07 @ 15:27

Legend of Grimrock II goes ingame now. It has the same issue in dungeons as the first game though.

No change: Dead Space, Raiden III.
ZellSF
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: 2006-1-01 @ 18:19

Re: WIP versions

Postby Wastelander121 » 2019-6-07 @ 18:44

How did you get Vanquish to work? It wont boot up for me for some reason.

Notable improvements:
Assassin's Creed no longer crashes when entering the Animus, could be completely playable now
Crazy Taxi is no longer missing geometry but suffers with distant LODs becoming completely invisible, it's mostly distant cars but happens with some buildings too. Framerate is low but playable, not sure if that's due to dgvoodoo or some overlays I had enabled. I'll retest when I get the chance.
Fable Anniversary no longer crashes and goes in game, however it suffers from LODs flickering (being invisible and turning viable again, especially with trees.
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh now goes ingame - previously gave a shader model error.

Current problems:
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive refuses to boot, from the looks of it, it's a D3D9Ex 64 bit game.
DmC Devil May Cry refuses to boot with an "Out of Video Memory" error message.
Injustice hangs on a black screen and refuses to go ingame, previously it wouldn't open a window though, so it's still progress.


Additional notes: v61 appears to have also fixed some bugs when replacing textures with Special K, the reload texture bug appears to have been fixed in some games.
Wastelander121
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2019-3-17 @ 10:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby Squall Leonhart » 2019-6-08 @ 07:16

Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area,
doesn't occur with native dx9
doesn't occur with D9VK.

Here I am facing the area in particular with D9VK that i cannot pan about to without the TDR tripping

Image

It's probably a shader entering an inescapable loop.
Squall Leonhart
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 2011-7-21 @ 06:50

Re: WIP versions

Postby WSH303 » 2019-6-08 @ 08:17

Dege wrote:I had little time recently but I fixed some things:

[i]=========================
WIP61:
=========================
- Minor state block bug, fixed (Vindictus)
]


Maybe the bug was minor, but the change is massive :) Sky looks good now, game doens't crash anymore. I can't see any graphic or stability issues. The only thing that isn't working is mouse cursor, its not visible.
WSH303
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 2016-5-13 @ 13:41

Re: WIP versions

Postby willow » 2019-6-08 @ 12:00

Dege wrote:I had little time recently but I fixed some things:

=========================
WIP61:
=========================

- Minimal D3D9Ex support and fixing implementation of a certain D3D9 query type (Batman Arkham Origin Blackgate)
- Minor compatibility fix for cube textures and non-pow2 block type textures (HAWX)
- Vertex shader texture sampling fix + minor modification in the code generator (Carrier Command - Gaea Mission)
- Minor problem of default viewport is fixed (Call of Cthulhu)
- Minor state block bug, fixed (Vindictus)
- Minor surface lock incompatibility, fixed (Vanquish)
- Fixing texture/cube texture mipmap autogenerating (R.U.S.E., ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Bug in the shader code generator, fixed (ps3) (ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Resolution forcing bug (fr-069 Boombox)
- Some other minor changes (GTA IV)


http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61_dbg.zip

forced resolution is broken even with wip61 with So blonde.

I don't know if you have this game but a demo is avalaible here : https://www.chip.de/downloads/Demo-So-B ... 43145.html
willow
Member
 
Posts: 118
Joined: 2012-1-07 @ 22:37

Re: WIP versions

Postby Wastelander121 » 2019-6-08 @ 16:24

On behalf of the Arkham modding community, I thank you. Before v61 we couldn't mod Blackgate. Image
Wastelander121
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2019-3-17 @ 10:53

Re: WIP versions

Postby WSH303 » 2019-6-08 @ 22:09

Okay, this time I tried to run STALKER SoC with dgVoodoo, but it crashes at startup, and in the debug log, I can see:

Code: Select all
[6128] Direct3DCreate9 (SDKVersion = 20)
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: Reading config from file F:\Gry\stalker\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\dgVoodoo.conf.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: INI file based version of config file is successfully read.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] WARNING: Direct3DCreate9: Attempt to access Direct3D9 from DllMain. Application may need to be modified or patched to use with dgVoodoo.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: Reading config from file F:\Gry\stalker\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\dgVoodoo.conf.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: INI file based version of config file is successfully read.
WSH303
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 2016-5-13 @ 13:41

PreviousNext

Return to dgVoodoo General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest