VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1022 of 1111, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Wastelander121 wrote:

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and Vanquish refuse to boot. Steam says they're running then after 5 seconds it closes.

Arkham Asylum looks fantastic now btw. Thanks 😀

Error message for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe is "Direct3DCreate9Ex not found in Renderer_Win32Steam_Release.dll".

Reply 1023 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them 🙁. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth texturing used in the game didn't work at all.
I worked that out in WIP60 but after your report I found a bug that caused it not work with forced resolutions. I fixed it:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_1_dbg.zip

teleguy wrote:
Wastelander121 wrote:

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and Vanquish refuse to boot. Steam says they're running then after 5 seconds it closes.

Arkham Asylum looks fantastic now btw. Thanks 😀

Error message for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe is "Direct3DCreate9Ex not found in Renderer_Win32Steam_Release.dll".

Yep... I've just checked out Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and it turned out to be D3D9Ex (Vista+). Blah.
What does a game need D3D9Ex for? It was introduced because of the new WDDM driver model and the desktop compositor, with features like shared video memory between multiple GPU's, etc., not really for new rendering features.

Reply 1024 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Yep... I've just checked out Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe and it turned out to be D3D9Ex (Vista+). Blah.
What does a game need D3D9Ex for? It was introduced because of the new WDDM driver model and the desktop compositor, with features like shared video memory between multiple GPU's, etc., not really for new rendering features.

No idea. I don't know of many games that use D3D9Ex either. Just Blackgate and I think the first Crysis, not certain about Crysis though.

Edit: Apparently, it has some better optimisation over D3D9, according to the Steam forums of CSGO.

Reply 1025 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Wastelander121 wrote:

No idea. I don't know of many games that use D3D9Ex either. Just Blackgate and I think the first Crysis, not certain about Crysis though.

Edit: Apparently, it has some better optimisation over D3D9, according to the Steam forums of CSGO.

I was curious and added minimal D3D9Ex support. Now Arkham Origins is running nicely. 😁
The only thing it seems to utilize from D3D9Ex is the extended version of handling display modes. Does the game support rotated monitors in some way? Who knows...

Reply 1026 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth t […]
Show full quote
ZellSF wrote:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them 🙁. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth texturing used in the game didn't work at all.
I worked that out in WIP60 but after your report I found a bug that caused it not work with forced resolutions. I fixed it:

Nice, sadly bloom effects are misaligned (makes sense, probably a post-processing effect) and it gets worse the further forced resolution is from native resolution. Maybe worth it for 1080p>1440p, but not very fun for 2160p users 🙁.

Reply 1027 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Wastelander121 wrote:

I was curious and added minimal D3D9Ex support. Now Arkham Origins is running nicely. 😁
The only thing it seems to utilize from D3D9Ex is the extended version of handling display modes. Does the game support rotated monitors in some way? Who knows...

Fantastic news, glad you got it working! 😀

Reply 1028 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:
Dege wrote:
It didn't work correctly with WIP58 either (try it with unforced high app resolution). The nonstandard depth rendering + depth t […]
Show full quote
ZellSF wrote:

Nice, sadly bloom effects are misaligned (makes sense, probably a post-processing effect) and it gets worse the further forced resolution is from native resolution. Maybe worth it for 1080p>1440p, but not very fun for 2160p users 🙁.

Bloom in DXHR is applied NOT as a postprocessing part, it's a stage in the rendering pipeline.
Actually "postprocess" entry in the graphic options does nothing in the DC version.

Reply 1029 of 1111, by JJXB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tested both Nikita: Mystery of the Hidden Treasure and Nikita: Speedy Pirates with WIP 60.1 and both blackscreen and refuse to go any further. have tried restricting the enumerated resolutions to see if that will work but no luck. Both are on the Chrome engine according to game files at least.

Reply 1030 of 1111, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My GPU died, so I'm stuck with Intel integrated graphics. Area 51 is all messed up with version WIP60 (DX9), it's like something is wrong with the rendering order, polygons appear and disappear (you can see people's teeth and eyeballs sometimes), some people are rendered in front a wall instead of behind it, etc. Since it is a free game it is easy to test, links are on PCGamingWiki page.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 1031 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had little time recently but I fixed some things:

=========================
WIP61:

- Minimal D3D9Ex support and fixing implementation of a certain D3D9 query type (Batman Arkham Origin Blackgate)
- Minor compatibility fix for cube textures and non-pow2 block type textures (HAWX)
- Vertex shader texture sampling fix + minor modification in the code generator (Carrier Command - Gaea Mission)
- Minor problem of default viewport is fixed (Call of Cthulhu)
- Minor state block bug, fixed (Vindictus)
- Minor surface lock incompatibility, fixed (Vanquish)
- Fixing texture/cube texture mipmap autogenerating (R.U.S.E., ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Bug in the shader code generator, fixed (ps3) (ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Resolution forcing bug (fr-069 Boombox)
- Some other minor changes (GTA IV)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61_dbg.zip

Reply 1032 of 1111, by JJXB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Retested Nikita and Nikita Speedy Pirates. still same issue with black screen. have tried getting a debug log out of dgvoodoo but even with dbg build and the debug stuff set in the dgvoodoo.conf, i get no dgvoodoo.log. closest i could do was run nikita through x32dbg with warning = enablebreak in the dgvoodoo.conf and try to get the message log out of that which i will attach the output to this post (even if i'm not sure that'd be helpful)

Attachments

• Filename
    Nikitax32dbgDGV.txt
    File size
    11.05 KiB
    Downloads
    88 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1034 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How did you get Vanquish to work? It wont boot up for me for some reason.

Notable improvements:
Assassin's Creed no longer crashes when entering the Animus, could be completely playable now
Crazy Taxi is no longer missing geometry but suffers with distant LODs becoming completely invisible, it's mostly distant cars but happens with some buildings too. Framerate is low but playable, not sure if that's due to dgvoodoo or some overlays I had enabled. I'll retest when I get the chance.
Fable Anniversary no longer crashes and goes in game, however it suffers from LODs flickering (being invisible and turning viable again, especially with trees.
Watchmen: The End Is Nigh now goes ingame - previously gave a shader model error.

Current problems:
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive refuses to boot, from the looks of it, it's a D3D9Ex 64 bit game.
DmC Devil May Cry refuses to boot with an "Out of Video Memory" error message.
Injustice hangs on a black screen and refuses to go ingame, previously it wouldn't open a window though, so it's still progress.

Additional notes: v61 appears to have also fixed some bugs when replacing textures with Special K, the reload texture bug appears to have been fixed in some games.

Reply 1035 of 1111, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area,
doesn't occur with native dx9
doesn't occur with D9VK.

Here I am facing the area in particular with D9VK that i cannot pan about to without the TDR tripping

unknown.png

It's probably a shader entering an inescapable loop.

Reply 1036 of 1111, by WSH303

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
I had little time recently but I fixed some things: […]
Show full quote

WIP61:
]

Maybe the bug was minor, but the change is massive 😀 Sky looks good now, game doens't crash anymore. I can't see any graphic or stability issues. The only thing that isn't working is mouse cursor, its not visible.

Reply 1037 of 1111, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
I had little time recently but I fixed some things: […]
Show full quote

WIP61:

- Minimal D3D9Ex support and fixing implementation of a certain D3D9 query type (Batman Arkham Origin Blackgate)
- Minor compatibility fix for cube textures and non-pow2 block type textures (HAWX)
- Vertex shader texture sampling fix + minor modification in the code generator (Carrier Command - Gaea Mission)
- Minor problem of default viewport is fixed (Call of Cthulhu)
- Minor surface lock incompatibility, fixed (Vanquish)
- Fixing texture/cube texture mipmap autogenerating (R.U.S.E., ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Bug in the shader code generator, fixed (ps3) (ATI Toy Shop demo)
- Resolution forcing bug (fr-069 Boombox)
- Some other minor changes (GTA IV)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP61_dbg.zip

forced resolution is broken even with wip61 with So blonde.

I don't know if you have this game but a demo is avalaible here : https://www.chip.de/downloads/Demo-So-Blonde_31243145.html

Reply 1039 of 1111, by WSH303

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, this time I tried to run STALKER SoC with dgVoodoo, but it crashes at startup, and in the debug log, I can see:

[6128] Direct3DCreate9 (SDKVersion = 20)
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: Reading config from file F:\Gry\stalker\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\dgVoodoo.conf.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: INI file based version of config file is successfully read.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] WARNING: Direct3DCreate9: Attempt to access Direct3D9 from DllMain. Application may need to be modified or patched to use with dgVoodoo.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: Reading config from file F:\Gry\stalker\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\dgVoodoo.conf.
[6128] [dgVoodoo] INFO: INI file based version of config file is successfully read.