VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ALCoL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i tried to run Quake 2 from here and i try many configs with gl and glides and whatever but simply i cant, it doesnt load, i have w7 x64 and last version of dosbox with dosshell frontend, can u gimme lil help? thanks in advance 😎

Reply 3 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC Q2DOS isn't supported in DOSBox or any other emulator and the only way it will work with glide in DOSBox is with kekkos voodoo emulation patch which currently isn't in official DOSBox and when Q2DOS is run with it then the game is very slow. You would be better off using pcem or qemu or better yet run the game in real DOS or use the Windows version of Q2DOS or the other five million ports.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by ALCoL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

IIRC Q2DOS isn't supported in DOSBox or any other emulator and the only way it will work with glide in DOSBox is with kekkos voodoo emulation patch which currently isn't in official DOSBox and when Q2DOS is run with it then the game is very slow. You would be better off using pcem or qemu or better yet run the game in real DOS or use the Windows version of Q2DOS or the other five million ports.

Yeah thats my plan b, i have seen Q2 dosbox but I expected to find a way to run it