VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox-X branch

Topic actions

Reply 2081 of 2085, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

gfernval: Yes, it becomes clear that the tinyfd library is not quite compatible with Windows XP. The "create blank disk image" issue on Windows XP is caused by this since you need to select an image file.

Meanwhile, the variable curscr can be modified.

Reply 2082 of 2085, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sandi1987 wrote on 2021-01-06, 22:16:

Voodoo running so slow for me in Windows 95.

Hardware Voodoo emulation is indeed slow. Glide pass-through mode is much faster, but does not work in combination with Win9x.

Reply 2083 of 2085, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In future releases of DOSBox, could you put SDL2 binaries (SDL1 binaries don´t work in Windows XP) compiled with mingw with debugger enabled?
I have to compile myself (using msys32 in Windows XP) because there is no SDL2 version with debugger enabled that works in Windows XP.

Reply 2084 of 2085, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gfernval wrote on 2021-01-07, 16:33:

In future releases of DOSBox, could you put SDL2 binaries (SDL1 binaries don´t work in Windows XP) compiled with mingw with debugger enabled?
I have to compile myself (using msys32 in Windows XP) because there is no SDL2 version with debugger enabled that works in Windows XP.

I would, but I am not yet able to enable the debugger in MinGW builds. It won't compile if I do.

DOSBox-X project: more emulation better accuracy.
DOSLIB and DOSLIB2: Learn how to tinker and hack hardware and software from DOS.

Reply 2085 of 2085, by almeath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using the latest build (0.83.9 - SDL1) on macOS, with Windows 95b installed. Everything is working great, apart from games that present windowed menu options before starting (i.e. Curse of Monkey Island, Jack Orlando). When clicking the button to start the game, DOSBox-X switches from full screen mode to windowed mode. I then have to press F12-F to get back into full screen mode. Just a minor issue, but somewhat annoying because I cannot figure out why it is triggered in these cases. No other games exhibit that behavior, just the ones that present windowed menu options upon launch.

These are my standard settings:

fullscreen = true
fulldouble = true
fullresolution = 5120x2880
windowresolution = original
windowposition =
output = openglnb

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a work-around?