VOGONS

Common searches

Leak of Windows 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As we know a version of Windows 11 has been leaked. For all the tech gurus, I believe you have visited the core elements of the OS. I like the new UI design elements with the Start button in the center and also the backward compatibility hasn't been cut much(haven't checked 16-bit emulation). The installation screen has been changed to make it more "friendly" and it now doesn't ask for MS account login anymore 😀. As far as drivers go by, the VMware drivers have worked for it(probably Windows 10 ones installed). How do you see the new OS and what are the positives and negatives you find here?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 316, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I personally like the Windows 10 choice of making a local account "I don't have an internet connection" or signing into a MS account "connect to wifi".

I use the local account when I am rebuilding computers to give away / sell. The MS account sign in is nice because it links the activation to your MS account and then if you change hardware or even build a new computer you can transfer the license very easily.

I haven't actually taken a look at the Windows 11 "leak".

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 316, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-06-16, 06:42:

I personally like the Windows 10 choice of making a local account "I don't have an internet connection" or signing into a MS account "connect to wifi".

I use the local account when I am rebuilding computers to give away / sell. The MS account sign in is nice because it links the activation to your MS account and then if you change hardware or even build a new computer you can transfer the license very easily.

I haven't actually taken a look at the Windows 11 "leak".

Microsoft is rushing to take down links and I was ahead on the line.

Reply 3 of 316, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's not April the first yet is it?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 7 of 316, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

90% of Win10 installs I've done include joining them to a traditional Windows server domain and that whole MS account thing is a bit heavy handed.
Linking to a MS account is nice though. In my case its centrally managed a AzureAD account but can imagine personal accounts been a good thing for the reasons listed above.
So if MS is been a little less forceful, (are you sure? are you really sure?) then its small but good thing.

Just watched the 1st video out of the 3 above. Nothing yet makes me want to rush out and upgrade, but then I'm still in no rush to upgrade from 7 so it's a hard sell anyway.
I know it's early days so not much is known but everyone keeps mentioning the rounded edges like its new and exciting and all I can think is "So like XP?"

Reply 8 of 316, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I quite like the "signing in on install" part of Windows 10. Activation is taken care of, my xbox game pass works fine etc. It's also "cleaner" in that on the occasions I've set up a local account and then ended up signing into my Microsoft account to get access to my paid for games I end up with two accounts on log in and on the system or something - the local and the online.

I now make an effort to have a wifi dongle plugged into my PC (and one that Windows 10 has built in drivers for so it will work during W10 install) so that the signing in and activation can actually happen, which is the opposite of how I install XP and 7 - I keep those offline until I have all the drivers and everything all ready to go!

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 10 of 316, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Salient wrote on 2021-06-16, 08:47:

I’m more concerned if my sc8850, mu2000 and old drivers like that will still work. 😀

Windows 10 drivers should work in most cases, or any driver that supports Windows 10

Reply 11 of 316, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Almoststew1990 wrote on 2021-06-16, 08:32:

I quite like the "signing in on install" part of Windows 10. Activation is taken care of, my xbox game pass works fine etc. It's also "cleaner" in that on the occasions I've set up a local account and then ended up signing into my Microsoft account to get access to my paid for games I end up with two accounts on log in and on the system or something - the local and the online.

I now make an effort to have a wifi dongle plugged into my PC (and one that Windows 10 has built in drivers for so it will work during W10 install) so that the signing in and activation can actually happen, which is the opposite of how I install XP and 7 - I keep those offline until I have all the drivers and everything all ready to go!

I don't hate the option, I personally login during installation. It now gives me more flexibility to do this.

Reply 12 of 316, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just wondered when they will reitroduce round edges again. 2000s are comming back 😁

tenor.gif?itemid=9499430

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 14 of 316, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And by golly gosh it has an NEW start up sound....

Reply 16 of 316, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bring back BOB for goodness sake!

Reply 18 of 316, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And more I look at Windown 11 I start to see MacOS 10.....

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.