VOGONS

First post, by Penta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I install VDMSound 2.1.0 on WinXP SP1.

I then install LaunchPad.

I reboot as instructed.

Nothing has happened. I see nothing in the right-click menus. Nothing.

Huhhh????

Reply 1 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you installed this: VDMSound 2.1.0 PUBLIC BETA then you do not need to install Launchpad since it's already installed automagically when you install VDMSound.

Verify that you are an administrator when you install.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you get any error messages when installing?

Try this in your RUN box: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\atl.dll and then reinstall VDMSound.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 15, by Penta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No error messages.

OK, did that, DosFreak.

How I'm doing this:

Uninstall.

Reboot.

Execute command DosFreak mentions.

Install VDMSound 2.1.0.

No error messages appear, all is happy.

Reboot again, just in case.

I right-click on an executable.

I see no VDMS options.

This saddens me. 😢

Reply 5 of 15, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Penta - anything in the Event log (My Computer -> Administration -> Event Log -> System/Application)?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 15, by Penta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ATW-EM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 3/7/2005
Time: 4:33:03 PM
User: N/A
<info redacted>
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ATW-EM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failure copying file from backup failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

Reply 7 of 15, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hmm - I have no idea what that ATW-EM thing is. Do you, Penta? Do this error occur every time you try to install VDMSound, or could it be totally unrelated?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 9 of 15, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just to be sure, you are right clicking on a batch file or a DOS executable and not a Windows executable, aren't you?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 11 of 15, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Try Aces of the Deep, instead. Unlike Command Aces of the Deep, it is a DOS game, and is easy to get going. Command Aces of the Deep is a real problem to get working.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers