VOGONS

Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 481 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm trying pcem and I see the loading screen but nothing else yet...

It may also be worth trying to modify the voodoo code to detect a voodoo 2 so I can at least trying it on something real.

Reply 492 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, I'm really pissed off that it's only Voodoo 1, which nobody has apparently. I also can't even find the line in the source code for the glide init error.

Reply 494 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When you pass +map q2dm1 as teh startup parameter? Did you completely strip out any parsing of startup argv/argc? When I pass these parameters it will attempt to load that map.

Reply 496 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What mesa are you using? How did you compile any of this? Is the DXE merged into mesa which is merged into the ref_gl? I just don't understand how it's specifically voodoo 1 support only. If you can get some sort of voodoo 2 support compiled in more people woudl be able to test.

It's really frustrating me that I can't get it to run at all on a real voodoo 2 in DOS or in windows 98.

Maybe you should post the entire source so I can see what is happening here.

Reply 498 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perhaps someone can test the binary on a real Voodoo1. I'll work on the menu init next.

The libraries are statically linked to save time, although they should dynamically link. I had to redo the libraries today, too.

Reply 499 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is stopping you from adding in voodoo 2? Is it a compile flag? I have no idea how youre accomplishing any of this without source.

A while back I was able to build some convulted mseafx with h5 but it didn't work.