VOGONS

Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 480 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this:

Edit: more work to do since result not reproduced yet.

Last edited by _ggorts on 2015-08-15, 09:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 481 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm trying pcem and I see the loading screen but nothing else yet...

It may also be worth trying to modify the voodoo code to detect a voodoo 2 so I can at least trying it on something real.

Reply 482 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The keyboard doesn't work, so it's probably not worthwhile yet.

Reply 484 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the keyboard not read any input or does it just crash/lock? I really want to see the performance difference.

Reply 485 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I posted a link to a build above; but, in any case, the keyboard input leads to a lock. I think it's from disabling the menu init routines (required from past testing).

Reply 486 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The screen just goes black after I see the console briefly.

You can just disable the keyboard interrupt entirely at startup in sys_dos.c and reupload

Reply 487 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't think it's the keyb that is broken, but it's trying to start the menu.

Reply 488 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also try q2 -nosound -nomouse +map q2dm1. See if this works for you and if it does how long you sit at "images" for.

Reply 489 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It loads the map and the demo plays as in the image above.

Reply 490 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you try the above build, then try memsize=128.

Reply 491 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I cant get this fucking shit to work at all. Can you please try +map q2dm1 and see if its actually playable?

Reply 492 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, I'm really pissed off that it's only Voodoo 1, which nobody has apparently. I also can't even find the line in the source code for the glide init error.

Reply 493 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I reported the answer above. It just plays the demo but doesn't accept keyb input.

Reply 494 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When you pass +map q2dm1 as teh startup parameter? Did you completely strip out any parsing of startup argv/argc? When I pass these parameters it will attempt to load that map.

Reply 495 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not familiar with the parameters. Let me test your ideas and I'll work on it further. Thanks for testing and offering your help.

Reply 496 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What mesa are you using? How did you compile any of this? Is the DXE merged into mesa which is merged into the ref_gl? I just don't understand how it's specifically voodoo 1 support only. If you can get some sort of voodoo 2 support compiled in more people woudl be able to test.

It's really frustrating me that I can't get it to run at all on a real voodoo 2 in DOS or in windows 98.

Maybe you should post the entire source so I can see what is happening here.

Reply 497 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also if you had to stub out the menu my assumption is from the video menu code causing problems during compile time? If so just stub all that out.

Reply 498 of 862, by _ggorts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perhaps someone can test the binary on a real Voodoo1. I'll work on the menu init next.

The libraries are statically linked to save time, although they should dynamically link. I had to redo the libraries today, too.

Reply 499 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is stopping you from adding in voodoo 2? Is it a compile flag? I have no idea how youre accomplishing any of this without source.

A while back I was able to build some convulted mseafx with h5 but it didn't work.