VOGONS

Reply 140 of 254, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For XP and browsers compiled with VS 2015-2019 the latest VC++ 2019 redist for XP is v14.28.29213.0

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 141 of 254, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2021-04-28, 23:55:

For XP and browsers compiled with VS 2015-2019 the latest VC++ 2019 redist for XP is v14.28.29213.0

Does it help in any meaning for browsers that are not XP compatible (compiled in new MSVC without compatability mode)?

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 142 of 254, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope these are for applications compiled with the VS2017 v141 toolset or less down to VS2015.
If a browser was compiled with VS2019 without the VS2017 v141 toolset then it wouldn't work.
If the browser does not work on XP then you'd need to hexedit files, use wrappers such as OneCoreAPI, revert non the commit that broke XP compatibility or compile the last working commit of that browser.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 143 of 254, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So VC redist is just cosmetic update.

Ah, OneCoreAPI again, we would need some recent build, I think it's still under development but maybe not fully disclosed (maybe other non-public repo than github) due to licensing issues...

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 144 of 254, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe it's too late, because Flash has been banned, but what about adding a list of compatible flash versions for that browsers?

There are a list of latest supported versions on wikipedia, but keep on mind that
- Although it seems that latest Windows 95 version supported is 7.0.0.14, the ActiveX version is only a OCX (without installer, netscape version is fine). If you want to have a installer, you should get 6.x instead.
- Flash Player versions after 32.0.0.371 contains a timebomb that prevent contents from being played at all. I guess that the last version supported for any OS should be from the 31.x branch (to be safe).
- Although NPAPI was supported from the start, I don't know when PPAPI (Chrome) started to being supported.
- Also, I don't know when did Adobe started to have a standalone player. It seems to be on the 9.x branch, but...
- For some time, there were different installers for Windows x86 and x64 versions, but latest versions seems to have a "universal" installer. Would it be useful to find the latest non-merged Windows version?

Sadly, it seems that the only way to get that flash versions seems to be crawling on archive.org, finding them on old CDs or trying to googling them.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 146 of 254, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wonder if there's anything remotely netscapesque for armhf and/or aarch64 linux around now. Iceape's jettisoned out of existence so there's just two chromey browser choices on <insert debian downstream distro here>.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 147 of 254, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I do not like the new “Firefox” design.

About your browsers… I dunno but I use a moonscape theme with an old Pale Moon build in my Windows XP VM. Some variant of this theme could probably work for you?

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 148 of 254, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Firefox 91.0 is out. I don't know if I like them to be releasing major version numbers so quickly.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 150 of 254, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Once upon a time the Mozilla devs had too much to drink and decided it would be a good idea to move the decimal point one place to the right on their version numbers, for some reason

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 152 of 254, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As long as it works as intended who really cares?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 156 of 254, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Safari 15 new tab layout is simply... outrageous. I'll have to live with that.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!