VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by Shores

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
scorp wrote on 2021-09-29, 08:48:
Shores wrote on 2021-09-29, 08:39:

Ok, so how can I get one as to test it with my Cyberman2? 😀

Well, I guess, the easiest and the cheapest way is to build it yourself. All you need, you can find on the official project site. Even if I'd sell them, the shipping costs would be probably very high anyway, dependent on the place, where you live of course.

Thank you for all your hard work, I'll see if I can get to understand enough of KiCAD to get PCBWay to make the board for me. 😀

Everything that deserves to be done, should be done right.

Reply 21 of 25, by scorp

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2021-09-29, 19:11:
scorp wrote on 2021-09-29, 19:03:
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-09-29, 18:43:

I wonder if it is possible to get one of those Estonian e-citizenships and run it out of Estonian cyber territory.

Too much of a headaches for a couple of Euro and I will never cover the investment anyway. I release everything I make open source, so everybody can easily produce the devices. A "thank you" is already a great reward for me and if someone wants to support me, my channel and my projects, there is still a paypal and a patreon accounts on my YouTube channel. I just leave it to the fairness of others.

Thank you for all the contributions you've made to the community. I've also subscribed to your YouTube channel and really enjoy watching the videos you've uploaded thus far.

Thank you too!

My Youtube channel Necroware

Reply 22 of 25, by scorp

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Shores wrote on 2021-09-29, 20:55:
scorp wrote on 2021-09-29, 08:48:
Shores wrote on 2021-09-29, 08:39:

Ok, so how can I get one as to test it with my Cyberman2? 😀

Well, I guess, the easiest and the cheapest way is to build it yourself. All you need, you can find on the official project site. Even if I'd sell them, the shipping costs would be probably very high anyway, dependent on the place, where you live of course.

Thank you for all your hard work, I'll see if I can get to understand enough of KiCAD to get PCBWay to make the board for me. 😀

Thanks, you don't need to understand KiCad. Just go to the releases on the project site, download the gerber zip file and throw it at PCBWay, JLCPCB or any other manufacturer. Pay the bill and wait a week or so. Done.

My Youtube channel Necroware

Reply 23 of 25, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now, if you could make a USB to gameport adapter for connecting newer peripherals to older PCs.. 😀 Would be nice to be able to hook up something simple like a Logitech Precision to an older PC, or use a newer flight stick to play Wing Commander.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 24 of 25, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's the "No task so simple it can't be complicated with a Raspberry Pi" version, for which you'll need, i) a Pi4 4GB ii) a touchscreen hat, iii) a servo control hat iv) an analog joystick mechanism v) a 3D printer vi) a bunch of servos vii) a firm grasp of how to use Python in ways that get round real time control problems in high level languages on top of a non realtime operating system... and just basically 3D print a yoke for the servos to control the analog stick which you plug in the PC analog joy port, write a program that wiggles them according to USB input, and have a GUI touch interface to fudge all the limits, centering and parameters which get screwed up every time you plug in a new controller or play a different game.

Then there's the hipster steampunk version which is the same as above with cogwheels cut out of brass effect vinyl on your cricut stuck all over it, then the real steampunk version which needs a 1/2 horsepower rated boiler with current safety certificate, a good supply of coal... ...

2017: Basement full of ancient PC stuff, starting to go through it. 2021: Still starting, heh, many setbacks. So what's this BitWrangler guy's deal ??? >>> Taming the pile, specs to target?

Reply 25 of 25, by ajacocks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are the ones that I have built:

IMG_0997 (1).jpeg
Filename
IMG_0997 (1).jpeg
File size
1.86 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Thanks for your hard work, scorp! I very much enjoy your videos, as well.

- Alex