VOGONS

Openglide on MacOS X

Topic actions

Reply 65 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please see this thread Mac OS X DOSBox game wrapper with 3Dfx Glide support (Intel 10.5 & 10.6) for how to fix the GL_EXT_packed_pixels error
Probably needs an ifdef macosx for that.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 66 of 69, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What about MacGlide? Have the improvements from it been ported to OpenGlide?
I vaguely remember an initiative to do that.

Reply 67 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

for modern Macs the MacGlide is almost useless, a few months ago, when I tried the various ways to play glide games on the mac I remember MacGlide not being much of a help.
For Dosbox I wasn't able to pull it off with MacGlide, for Windows 9x games (and upwards) I used Wine+some Windows glidewrapper (it depended on the games I tried which wrapper worked better).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 68 of 69, by thedoctor45

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To my knowledge, gulikoza & Moe were working on an SDL-based OpenGLide/MacGLide hybrid with better compatibility. With the proper tweaks it should theoretically be possible to compile his custom MacGLide sourcecode for Mac OS X as well.

Various patches for OpenGlide

I have sent gulikoza a message and asked him for the source but he's currently away on a roadtrip and will not be back until the end of the month, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reply 69 of 69, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm back 😀
I was trying a while ago to release the modifications me & Moe have done. But unfortunately there is a nasty bug where Tomb Rider does not have any textures when starting a new game (loading savegames works however) - something is apparently not reset when glide is reset (remember that starting a new games first shuts down glide, plays the intro movie and then reinitializes glide output - loading a savegame goes directly into the game), so this bug most likely affects other things as well. I couldn't fix it and I still didn't fix it...and LFB operations are horribly broken so the whole thing is not very useful...

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza