VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stomp357

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to load "Spear of Destiny" without having to dig out the manual to pass the copy protection all the time (I have the floppy disk version published by FormGen). I used "NeverLock 96" to create a crack file called "Spear_K.EXE" that must be ran before running the game. Is there a way to have D-Fend run the "Spear_K.EXE" then run the "Spear.EXE" game file without exiting DOSBox between loading the two files?

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Sure. Create a small text-file called something like RunSpear.Bat. Insert the commands you want executed:

Spear_K.EXE
Spear.EXE

save the file, and instruct D-Fend to launch that BAT-file instead of the EXE.

Ohh - and don't use D-Fend, use D-Fend Reloaded and DOSBox 0.72.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 3, by Stomp357

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks. I feel like an idiot. While I am "self-taught" when it comes to computers, I totally forgot about a .bat file. I started with DOS 6.0, and didn't move to Windows till late '96, and still used DOS regularly till 2000. 😊

Reply 3 of 3, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can also just keep the "Spear.EXE" in the "game file" field and add "Spear_K.EXE" (without qoutes but with the right path) to the autoexec.bat section (on the "Starting" page of the profile editor). The lines from the autoexec.bat section will be executed before running the main game file.

BTW: D-Fend Reloaded 0.5.0 Beta 2 will be there by next week. The code is ready, I'm just writing some online help.