VOGONS

Common searches

FreeBSD + joystick issue

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by kejen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having a problem with the joystick. FreeBSD 7.2, Dosbox .72, USB logitech joystick.

Basically, a good example of what is happening is if I make 5-10 circles with the joystick, and then let go of the joystick, it will finish making the 5 circles on the screen. Almost like the input isn't getting broken like it should. Hopefully I explained it well.

It's not in the operating system since if I cat the joystick device, input stops as soon as I do.

Wanted to check if the problem was with SDL, so started up mame making sure was using all the SDL options, and joystick was fine. Also tried zsnes and joystick was fine there.

Is there anything else I can do to try and track this problem down? Or even better, fix it?

Thanks.

Reply 8 of 16, by kejen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ih8registrations wrote:

If I were an admin, I'd kill your thread for your retarded "bumps."

Maybe another 700 posts and you'll get there. But to be honest, I'm pretty sure one of the prerequisites of being an admin is to have a user name that isn't reminiscent of a 13 year old.

wd wrote:

Bumps usually have the effect of completely ignoring a person or similar means.

What am I supposed to do, make a new thread every time my post falls off the front page? I made this thread almost 1 month ago and bumped it twice since then. I can see if I was bumping it every 10 minutes, but I bumped it once a few days later, and then once again almost 3 weeks later.

And why would you claim to ignore someone that came here for help, and is obviously still looking for help?

Reply 12 of 16, by kejen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thread bumping is pretty much a standard in all forums.

If the fact that someone bumped a thread a couple times in the past month bothers you that bad, you probably need to get off the computer for a bit. Get some air. Touch a girl or two. There is life outside the dosbox forum.

Reply 13 of 16, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well if we knew how to fix it then we would have posted at the first message or bump.
All DOSBox experts visit this forum daily. There is no need to bump threads.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!