Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1740 of 1746, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hm, interesting question. What you could do, of course, is just to add the Mac DOSBox-Staging/X version in DBGL when running OSX. Then you can run your profiles by right-clicking and using "Run with.." and choose the Mac DOSBox version of your liking.

However, it would be better if it were possible to specify a DOSBox executable for a single 'DBGL DOSBox version' for each platform (Windows, Linux and Mac). Then, when starting a profile, DBGL would use the appropriate executable for the active platform. That will require some changes, but is certainly doable.

Reply 1741 of 1746, by tedyun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2021-12-20, 17:12:

Hm, interesting question. What you could do, of course, is just to add the Mac DOSBox-Staging/X version in DBGL when running OSX. Then you can run your profiles by right-clicking and using "Run with.." and choose the Mac DOSBox version of your liking.

However, it would be better if it were possible to specify a DOSBox executable for a single 'DBGL DOSBox version' for each platform (Windows, Linux and Mac). Then, when starting a profile, DBGL would use the appropriate executable for the active platform. That will require some changes, but is certainly doable.

Thanks Ronald! I'll poke around some more. I'm still learning my way around DOSBox, DBGL, etc. I fell into a rabbit hole trying to get XWA with the Tie Fighter Total Conversion running on my Mac through VirtualBox. The vanilla XWA could run (amazingly!) but the TC was unsuccessful.

It was really just to take on the challenge of trying to get that running on the Mac side of the rig. I can run it over on my Windows side without any issues. But I learned a lot about VirtualBox and it should be a great tool for getting some vintage Windows games running.

I'm really amazed at how far this retrogaming has come, and how dedicated the community is. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Ted

Reply 1742 of 1746, by dosdog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Ronald, a small request - please add .img to the list of Floppy Disk Image extensions in the "Mount Images" browser, shown below. Over time this would save a lot of clicks!

1VX2Lwk.png

Thanks!

Reply 1743 of 1746, by tedyun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tedyun wrote on 2021-12-20, 21:50:
Thanks Ronald! I'll poke around some more. I'm still learning my way around DOSBox, DBGL, etc. I fell into a rabbit hole trying […]
Show full quote
rcblanke wrote on 2021-12-20, 17:12:

Thanks Ronald! I'll poke around some more. I'm still learning my way around DOSBox, DBGL, etc. I fell into a rabbit hole trying to get XWA with the Tie Fighter Total Conversion running on my Mac through VirtualBox. The vanilla XWA could run (amazingly!) but the TC was unsuccessful.

It was really just to take on the challenge of trying to get that running on the Mac side of the rig. I can run it over on my Windows side without any issues. But I learned a lot about VirtualBox and it should be a great tool for getting some vintage Windows games running.

I'm really amazed at how far this retrogaming has come, and how dedicated the community is. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Ted

Hi Ronald --

I figured out how to add the executable to the DOSBox fork versions in the Mac OS interface -- I just simply manually typed them in! All is good.

Thanks again,

Ted

Reply 1744 of 1746, by tedyun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dosdog wrote on 2021-12-21, 10:27:
Hi Ronald, a small request - please add .img to the list of Floppy Disk Image extensions in the "Mount Images" browser, shown be […]
Show full quote

Hi Ronald, a small request - please add .img to the list of Floppy Disk Image extensions in the "Mount Images" browser, shown below. Over time this would save a lot of clicks!

1VX2Lwk.png

Thanks!

Hi dosdog,

There are utilities that can convert the .img file to an .iso file. Are you on Linux? I'm not too familiar with Linux but a quick search found a utility called "ccd2iso"

Hope that helps!

Ted

Reply 1745 of 1746, by dosdog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Ted. In fact DOSBox can handle the .img files just fine as they are, but the file-open browser provided by DBGL doesn't include them in the default "Floppy Disk Images" filter. If it did, I could save myself the extra clicks switching over to the "All Files" filter before they will show up in the list.