Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1100 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9.1 RC 1 release", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Packages Manager section

When i download some files, i try to quit D-Fend Reloaded "with the [X] button", but it made some errors. = See file included, ...

---
2) Packages Manager section

I have not found how to cancel completly, when download several files.

In example, if i select severals programs to downloads, and begin the download processus, i try to cancel the download. But it dont quit all download.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please verify at your side, ...

----

Attachments

• Filename
    D-FendReloaded-1.jpg
    File size
    132.21 KiB
    Downloads
    158 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    D-FendReloaded-2.jpg
    File size
    135.46 KiB
    Downloads
    160 downloads
    File license

Reply 1101 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander
Some synonyms words was inane.
I remade.
you can use these files in next installer.
Good day

Attachments

• Filename
    Installer_language_files_tur.zip
    File size
    31.79 KiB
    Downloads
    295 downloads
    File comment
    Turkish update
    File license

Reply 1102 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,
I can confirm the second problem and have fixed it now. If you press the cancel button in 0.9.1rc2 the whole download operation will be canceled. But if a single download fails (for example because the file is not available anymore) DFR will still continue with the next file.

But I cannot confirm the first problem. There have been some bugs like this in previous versions of DFR so I believe this bug exists but I cannot reproduce this yet. I cannot click the "X" button of the DFR main window or the package manager dialog while the download status window is visible. Can you give me some more information?

Hi hakanates,
Thank you, I have just added your new language files to my development build.

Reply 1103 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v0.9.1 RC 1 release", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

But I cannot confirm the first problem. There have been some bugs like this in previous versions of DFR so I believe this bug exists but I cannot reproduce this yet. I cannot click the "X" button of the DFR main window or the package manager dialog while the download status window is visible. Can you give me some more information?

1) Respond = Is when i click the [x] button several times. a) when downloading and also b) after pressing the "Cancel" button, when the bug of the not be able to cancel the transfert.

2) Packages Manager section

I have maximized the Packages Manager window, and after i press "NoFilter", and see a = strange section, on the right side.

See file included, ...

----

Attachments

Reply 1104 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can reproduce the "x" click problem now. The "x" button of the main window gets enabled after having downloaded and installed the first game. It was a problem of the automatic list update in the main window and is fixed now.

The display issue looks like a graphics driver problem. But anyway I have added a repaint command to the end of the list buildiung function so the control will explicitly repaint itself at the end of the list building process and this graphics error should be gone.

Reply 1105 of 2280, by rustycusak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Almost done, but I have one question:

Couldn't find the string "Extras.BuildInstaller=&Build installer for multiple games..." under the section [Menu].

Should I add it myself?

buy r4 dsi

Reply 1106 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I found a small bug:
In game lists with filter (select/unselect) by some category (genre, developer etc. or user-defined category) games with multiple values (i.e. separated with semicolon) are not selected.

Reply 1108 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@rustycusak:
The key name "Extras.BuildInstaller=" does not exist anymore because the menu item has moved to File|Export. The current key name in all language files for the value "&Build installer for multiple games..." is "File.Export.BuildInstaller=".

@skatz:
Fixed.

@hakanates:
1. What do you mean with "pother" ?
2. Until now "Not set" is the default right after installation. Why do you think most users would prefer "-"? This is a serious question. If you have any real arguments for being "-" better than "Not set" I will change the installation default value.
3. This problem should already be fixed in 0.9.1rc1. But remark: You cannot completely unselect all screenshots. The last selected screenshot will stay selected even if you click on an empty area. This is due to the runtime library. But if you select another profile and then right click on an empty area of the screenshots viewer area (before clicking any screenshot) the menu items useless if not related to a screenshot should be grayed out.

Reply 1109 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander

1- Look to 2

2- anyway empty cells is empty on most of turkish program.
shouldn't be written any article.
"Not set" (Turkish "Ayarlı değil") isn't concordant to addiction of Turk
generally our people are not using settings (experience)
maybe peculiar to turkish language bla-bla... never mind.

image7.gif

image6i.gif

3- This screenshot is of RC1. I Understand. Okay.

image5j.gif

Reply 1110 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

[dosbox.conf, v0.74 "Not Final" Build 2010-1-22]

===

# output: What video system to use for output.
# Possible values: surface, overlay, opengl, openglnb, ddraw.

===

# machine: The type of machine tries to emulate.
# Possible values: hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe.

===

# tandyrate: Sample rate of the Tandy 3-Voice generation.
# Possible values: 22050, 44100, 48000, 32000, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.

===

Please, ... when dosbox v0.74 released and included, inside your software.

Be sure to update to =

1) Output Values [now = only value] = surface, overlay, opengl, openglnb, ddraw

2) Machine Values [now = only value] = hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe

3) TandyRate [add] = 49716

4) Windowed Resolution [add] = 1366x760, 1366x768

5) FullScreen Resolution [add] = 1366x760, 1366x768

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the [25,28,50 lines] radio button section, "D-Fend Reloaded | Display Section | of a software configuration".

When i run a DOS software, it dont change the text resolution,. it keep always 25 lines.

In example, i select 50 lines in the radio button, and after run a software, and it dont go to 50 lines, in text and also when i try "DOS Edit, software", it dont go to 50 lines in text mode.

See file included, ...

----

Attachments

• Filename
    Text mode lines.jpg
    File size
    139.02 KiB
    Downloads
    143 downloads
    File license

Reply 1111 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi hakanates,

I understand what you are meaning but it's not so easy making the value for "Not set" language depended. The selected value is stored in the user configuration. If the user changes the language what should happen? Should the (may be already changed by the user) value be overwritten by the language file default? I don't think this would be a good idea. The only thing I could offer would be: The default value is chosen on initial start (when there is no user configuration) from the selected language file. This would select the right value on new installations but not when installing an update version or just changing the language later.

On the last "3" screenshot you can see by the dotted line around "keen5e_000.png" this screenshot is still selected. I would prefer the screenshot gets unselected on right click on an empty area, too, but this is a runtime library thing.

Hi sst,

thank you. I will add the new values when I integrate DOSBox 0.74. But at the moment I'm not sure if D-Fend Reloaded 0.9.1 will come with DOSBox 0.74. There are quite a lot of bugs in DFR 0.9 so it would be good if 0.9.1 could be released quite soon. On the other side it looks like DOSBox 0.74 still will take some longer time to be ready.

28 and 50 lines text mode (just like Glide support, etc.) is only available on some special DOSBox builds. Therefore these settings are not visible by default. If changing the number of lines has no effect, your DOSBox build probabily does not support this.

Reply 1112 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have added a new

NotSet.LanguageFileDefault=

line to the [global] section of the language ini files. The value of this key will be used on first run and on reset to default click in the setup dialog for the "ValueForNotSet" key in the user configuration. The value for "NotSet.LanguageFileDefault=" is just empty on all language files (which will result in "Not set") except for the Turkish language file where it is "-".

Reply 1113 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Alexander
Was good working
We will wait and see

I have a problem

After Turkish installation, Our keyboard layout is default wrong in DosBOX
example in German and Russia installation, keyboard layout is automatically correct (GR - RU)

n2g0up.gif
21np2xe.gif

Reply 1114 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi hakanates,

this is very easy to fix. This is a little bug in your language file I can correct. The keyboard layout and the codepage to use can be configurated in each profile and in each language file. If there are no keyboard layout / codepage settings in a profile (what should be the normal case) the settings from the active language file are used. This has the advantage that a profile which will use German keyboard layout on my system will use Turkish keyboard layout on your system with out any change. At the moment your language file defines:

KeyboardLayout.Default=US (US)
Codepage.Default=437

I will change this for DFR 0.9.1rc2 to

KeyboardLayout.Default=Turkish (TR)
Codepage.Default=857

Reply 1116 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

how ?

No idea, but interesting.
This is a DOSBox thing, D-Fend Reloaded is just sending the selected keyboard layout and codepage via the conf file to DOSBox.

Reply 1118 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have just uploaded the second release candidate of D-Fend Reloaded 0.9.1. If everything is fine with this release DFR 0.9.1 will be out very soon. DOSBox 0.74 will be shipped with some later 0.9.2 release of DFR then.