Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 860 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander & curieux

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, 0.8 ReleaseCandidate 1 "D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

Windows 7 RC x64 Ultimate Build #7100 French Canadian, [UAC disabled = User Account Control disabled], 8 Gig Ram, [ReadyBoost 8 Gig., on a 8 Gig. Usb ThumbDrive Ntfs].

>>> For your information, ReadyBoost in Windows 7, is not limited to 4 Gig. But you have to format your device = "Usb or Card Reader", to Ntfs.
-
Fat32 have 4 Gig. limit, for a ReadyBoost file, even on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

---

update executable puts some DOSBox translation files in DOSBOX\zmbv folder

-
Respond = The "D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package", dont have that problem.

---

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 861 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is a missing

SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\DOSBox"

before writing the DOSBox langauge files in the update installer so the language file are written to the last selected output folder, "$INSTDIR\DOSBox\zmbv" in this case. Fixed.

Only the update installer was affected by this. Normal installer and of course also the PortableApps version (which is not much more than a zipped portable installation made by the normal installer) worked right.

The most important thing:
I cannot confirm the loose of profiles by using the update installer. The update installer is not touching the "Confs" folder at all. So curieux can please do some more testing on this behavior. I would suggest this steps:

• Create some profiles.
  • Close DFR.
  • Open C:\Users\you\D-Fend Reloaded\Confs in Explorer. There should be a prof file for each profile.
  • Run the update installer. (You can run the update installer on any installation, also on a 0.8RC1.)
  • Check the "Confs" folder in Explorer again. Are the prof files still there?
  • Open DFR. Are the profiles still in the list?

Reply 862 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander

Yes, I tried to create a new profile, then update again the 0.8 rc1 version, but this time the profile was not deleted.

Maybe the problem is due to something else (but I don't know what), or due to the successive updates of beta versions on the same pc.
I checked different things, but found nothing useful.
I just noted it is not only a problem of path, because my profiles are nowhere on my hard disk.

I hope it's only an isolated problem that won't affect somebody else.

Thanks for the answer.

Reply 863 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Suggestion: It would be nice if when setting up a profile for an individual game, you could tell it to use the current setting from the default template for various settings. I've found that I often want to tweak a setting and make it apply to most (if not all) profiles, but I currently have to edit each profile one at a time to propagate the change.

This would also be useful for the auto profiles because they'd only have to override the settings that are relevant to the specific game they're intended for.

Reply 864 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Because nobody else can confirm the loose of profile while updating problem, I'm preparing the release of D-Fend Reloaded 0.8 now. Version 0.8 should be on Sourceforge by tomorrow.

@HunterZ:
Interessting idea, I will think about this in version 0.9.

Reply 865 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander & DosBox Programmor(s)

With DosBox = I have a FullScreen, color problem, ...

See files attached.
---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Attachments

Reply 866 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With DosBox = I have a FullScreen, color problem, ...

See files attached.

Ok i have fixed the problem.

Now i dont use "surface", and "keep aspect ratio" is enabled , and "original" for FullScreen and Windowed.
---
I have a problem of relative path and absolute path.

Even the option repair to relative type, dont fix the problem.

= when i copy a profile, and after name it, the capture of that profile, is ["not portable = not relative"].

My example = i have moved all the package, from the ["Desktop directory\D-FendReloadedPortable"], to ["U:\Applications Portable\D-FendReloadedPortable"].

See file attached

Now it create always = "C:\Users\Sylvain\Desktop\D-FendReloadedPortable\App\Capture\Winter Games 1991" at each start on the ["U:\Applications Portable\D-FendReloadedPortable\D-Fend Reloaded Portable.exe"], drive.
---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Attachments

Reply 868 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi sst,

this is a small bug in the automatic capture directory seletion function of the profile editor. The path is not automatically stored as a relative path. If you copy your complete installation to a new location and have an absolute path in the capture folder field the absolute path names to relative path names function of course cannot fix anything anymore. (It cannot know that C:\X\Y should be changed to .\Y if "."="U:\Z".)

Now the profile editor will suggest relative path names when creating new profiles and aditionally it will try to store the selected path as a relative path when closing (even so it is enter in absolute form).

Reply 869 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Moved to = I have a FullScreen, text color problem, ....

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Last edited by sst on 2009-07-27, 23:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 873 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just uploaded D-Fend Reloaded 0.8 to Sourceforge. You can get it as usual from the download page. And also as usual there is a little invisible (because untranslated) option which can be activated the usual way. It will allow you to choose the algorithm for image scaling and will be a regular feature in 0.9.

Reply 874 of 2280, by EvilHimself

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wrong behavior:

Hi, the "Confs" folder is holding PROFs files, i remember that the old D-Fend stored true CONFs files in that folder.

Why this is important?

For me, its because i use a multi front-end called QuickPlay to launch games and with a command line like:
%EMU% -conf %ROM%
I can use it to play dos games on dos-box.

I remember that the old D-Fend automatically created the CONFs files and stored that in the "Confs" folder.

Can you make that behavior again? like store the PROFs on a folder called "Profs" (were they belong) and add a option on D-Fend Reloaded to automatically create a CONF file for every profile inside the "Confs" folder.
It's like the "Export Conf files" feature, but automatically.

Even D-Fend Reloaded being a superior FE over QP, I like to have all games on the same place, so, I use D-Fend to edit the Confs but QP to lauch the games.

Sorry for the bad english, i hope you understand what i trying to say.

Reply 875 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For some reason, v0.8 has been changed from 0.8RC1 so that the highest sample rate for the various sound emulation stuff that can be set in the profiles is 50000Hz instead of 49716. According to dosbox.conf for DOSBox 0.73, the list of allowed sample rates should be 22050, 44100, 48000, 32000, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.

Also, an omission that has carried over from RC1 is that it doesn't let you set several sampling rates that are enumerated for it in dosbox.conf. The list should be the same as above.

49716Hz was added as a sample rate to all parts of the DOSBox sound emulation because it allows for more accurate OPL emulation.

Reply 876 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Auto creation of conf files
D-Fend Reloaded is only using prof files to store the game settings. The DOSBox conf files are always created on the fly when starting DOSBox. This allows the usage of relative path names for directories which DOSBox could not interpret. When using conf files this would break the option to use DFR portable. Even so if all conf files are updated on each program start (which would quite take a while on large profile lists) they can still contain wrong path names when the USB stick is pluged but DFR not yet started. So not using conf files is not a "Wrong behavior" its this way by design and will not be changed. Additionally thinks like starting helper programs (for setting up special hardware like joysticks etc.) and the zip expanding/repacking cannot be mapped to conf files. The profiles need to be run via DFR to use this profile features.

Sample rate default values
The built in default values for the sample rates have not been changed from 0.8RC1 to 0.8. But the installer resets some default value lists to their internal defaults during installation/update. So if you have changed this lists manually before installing an update, this settings might be reseted to their defaults.

Reply 877 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Alexander wrote:

Sample rate default values
The built in default values for the sample rates have not been changed from 0.8RC1 to 0.8. But the installer resets some default value lists to their internal defaults during installation/update. So if you have changed this lists manually before installing an update, this settings might be reseted to their defaults.

The installer *must* have changed them because I didn't even know they *could* be manually changed. How do you do manually change the lists?

Reply 878 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree, there must be something in DFR overwriting the default values. I just checked my installation and it also shows 50000 as the highest sample rate available. I never edited the values, and didn't even know DOSBox offered sampling rates above 48000, either.

EDIT: To Hunter2, you can manually edit many DOSBox values by going File --> Program settings --> Profile Editor --> Default values.

Reply 879 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
1. I confirm sample rate issue: wrong value in update nsis script.
2. Updater does not add/update new DOSBox language files.
3. Restore default values button (on 'Default values' page at top of it), selection 'restore this page' does nothing.
4. Fullscreen mode: if you set 'minimize on dosbox start' than DFR goes minimized on running game. When you restore it, you get borderless window shifted to right/bottom. Fast solution: put in application events restore event (at the end) something like:

if BorderStyle=bsNone then
begin
Left:=0;
Top:=0;
end