VOGONS

First post, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

In the last few days a lot of new frontends have appeared:

Forum:
Turbo DosBox: New Front-end "Right click and Play" fashion.
Yes have created a Dosbox frontend too :)

email:
http://www.scudogr.it/

I was wondering if somebody would like to help me maintain the list of frontends. The list on dosbox.com is long and a lot are windows only, So I can't try those.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to deal with them ?
My current thoughts/questions/suggestions:

• create a specialpage for all frontends to reduce the download page size.
  • Maybe a wiki style page (frontends.dosbox.com or dosbox.com/frontends/)
  • Maybe create a forum on vogons to promote/discuss/ask questions about frontends.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I say a Wiki-page that lists the various frontends. That way more than one person could keep it updated (I hope).

A dedicated forum might be a good idea. Each frontend could (at the request of the primary maintainer) have a single sticky thread where s/he could post important news about that frontend. Any post to that thread that is not from the maintainer should be discouraged, perhaps even with the help of the moderators forcefully split of.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by Thraka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really like the frontends.dosbox.com wiki page idea.

Perhaps then on the main page download section there can me a set of "recommended" frontends (per OS) that the community feels are top notch and very complete, otherwise browse through the wiki for all of them.

Reply 4 of 5, by jenergy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think that the best idea is: a link "Frontends" from the main page of dosbox, which points to a forum page where each thread is for the discussion of a single frontend. Every thread must be created by the author of the frontend, where he/she introduces the program, the features, the link to the home page..and then, everyone is free to write comments.
Well, that's my opinion 😀

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

frontends.dosbox.com seems to be most popular. I think a special forum for support things related to frontends might be handy as well.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!