VOGONS

First post, by ThibG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I recently discovered DOSBox, which seems to work perfectly under windows.
But when I'm playing to Rayman ( Reedition called "Rayman For Ever" ), I have sound, but no music.

Here is the command-line i used : dosbox . -c "MOUNT D /media/cdrom -t cdrom -ioctl"
So, I append "-usecd 0" and "-label RAYFAN", but now, when I start the game ( launching RAYMAN.BAT ), it ejects the CD-Rom and a few seconds after : "CD ROM's Initialization.
CD ROM Drive found on D:"
and when I put the CD, it is ejected again.

Reply 3 of 10, by ThibG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The music is on the CD, as audio tracks. So, a ISO won't include the musics...
But the thing is it works under windows XP with an installer that install DOSBox, a configuration file, and some useless things.
Here is the mount command in the windows XP config file :
MOUNT D D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

Reply 6 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

as a "last" resort you can try to make a cue/bin pair of it.
DOSBox can handle those as well. You can convert the audiotracks to some compressed format as well. (to save space)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 10, by ThibG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With imgmount, it seems work ( the game start correctly ). But I have an horrible noise instead of the music. It is probably caused by the toc2cue converter I used.
Is there any software to create a bin/cue image on linux ?

Reply 8 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think cdrecord or so can do it given the right options. (Don't know them (anymore) though)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 10, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Rayman has a lot of sound card configs to choose from, try a few (SB16, SB Pro, Adlibe, ...) until it works fne without noise. Unless only the CD music works bad, in that case ignore what I said...