VOGONS

First post, by Timberwolf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

Can someone tell my how i get "Hammer of Gods" working?

Wenn i start the game in the Dosbox, it play the intro and then it stuck and crash. I test it on 3 PCs.

In the List of the supported Games on the Homepage of Dosbox stand that the Game is Supported!
How did they get it running?

I hope someone can help me... Help! 😀

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english, but i sleep to much in school and that what i now ist from english games. 😁

Reply 3 of 7, by Ivarnaeth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am also having great difficulty getting this game (Hammer of the Gods) to work using Dosbox (vdms has shown no promise) I have updated the game to 1.1, i have gotten the sound to run smoothly on the into, but once i get through that (which i have to run the entirety of, but that seems to be the norm) the game never moves to the menu screen. The hammer of the gods logo fades away, as if loading the screen, but nothing ever materializes.
As i said, i have updated the game to 1.1, i have the cd at my house but i am not using it currently (should i be, the cd-rom function says it can't find, but i didn't think it really needed the cd) I am attempting to run the game on Windows XP
Soo...how do i get this to work. Turning the sound off or changing which one i use, has not made a difference. I have not been able to "turn the intro off" as i am unfamiliar with that, and the basic google explanation of how to do it didn't help.
How did everyone else get the game to work? Did anyone else have the problem i am having EVEN after turning the sound all the way off (option #19 on the setsound thing...is there another way i am supposed to be turning the sound off?)
Thanks for your help!
-Leif Parsell

Reply 4 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh - the game just works in dosbox 0.61 and in cvs

the only trick is that you have to set gus=false if you use sb in game
or set sb=false if you use gus in game 😉

(the other important thing is skipping intro - you can only do it in a very few moments of it = one of them is immediately after New World Computing logo disapeared) of course you can watch whole intro without any problems without skipping it 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by Ivarnaeth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What is CVS (as in "JUST WORKS in Dosbox .61 and CVS")
Is this another program or a program that should run in conjunction with Dosbox? I had no success with the other program, vdms.
and how do i set gus or sb to false? in the setsound, do you not just set which sound is the one you want to run? I have had no success setting the sound to any of the options, or running it without sound. I have no technical coding knowledge, and no experience with this kind of stuff.....i just want to run this one game, so any help would be great.
Also, skipping the intro would definatly rock....but does this effect the menu screen loading instead of not doing so???
Thanks!!
-Leif