VOGONS

First post, by PauloBrito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to DosBox I can now run an MS-DOS program in win64.
It even can call any windows printer, including pdf virtual ones.
My problem is, I need to call OpenSSL to generate an encrypted key. I get the message that openssl.exe is a windows program and doesn't work.

In win32, the program runs normally, and I call OpenSSL without a problem, but these days all new PC's come with the win64, so I have a problem.

Exist any way to make OpenSSL works / be called from a program running inside DOSBox?

Reply 2 of 5, by PauloBrito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I know. My program is an ms-dos program. Run in win32 cmd. but not in win64 cmd - because uses a dos-extender. Problem his - need to call OpenSSL. In win32 no problem, in win64 inside DOSBox - no luck.
Exist any alternative to OpenSSL that works inside DOSBox?

Reply 3 of 5, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not a DOS program, it's a windows console based program. There is a difference.
The OpenSSL.exe itself is telling you that it's a windows program when you try to run it under DOSBox. Just run it directly from windows CMD instead.

Reply 4 of 5, by zyga64

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe this is something for you ? http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/ntvdmx64.html

1) VLSI SCAMP /286@20 /4M /CL-GD5422 /CMI8330
2) i420EX /486DX33 /16M /TGUI9440 /GUS+ALS100+MT32PI
3) i430FX /K6-2@400 /64M /Rage Pro PCI /ES1370+YMF718
4) i440BX /P!!!750 /256M /MX440 /SBLive!
5) iB75 /3470s /4G /HD7750 /HDA

Reply 5 of 5, by mr.cat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your best bet is to use the win64 native version, if possible.

But if you insist on using dosbox to launch win32 program, you can try HX. It can launch *some* win32 console apps (and even some GUI apps):
https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/HX

There are some small test programs included, best to check with them first.

OpenSSL is open source but distributed without binaries. But there could also be a DJGPP port out there, somewhere...