VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 200 of 733, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lightmaster wrote:

I think it' an interesting proposal, hope it works for steam and gog releases to capture screenshots too.

I don't know about GOG, but Steam can take screenshots from ddraw output only, whereas my patch currently works with surface. It can be extended for ddraw but I am not yet working on that.

Last edited by Ant_222 on 2016-10-31, 07:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 201 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lightmaster wrote:

I think it's an interesting proposal, hope it works for steam and gog releases to capture screenshots too.

Aren't screenshots and video captured in the game's orginal resolution and aspect ratio anyway? At least if you use the built-in capturing (Ctrl+F5, Ctrl+Alt+F5)?

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 202 of 733, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ant_222 wrote:
lightmaster wrote:

I think it' an interesting proposal, hope it works for steam and gog releases to capture screenshots too.

I don't know about GOG, but Steam can take screenshots from ddraw output only, whereas my patch currently works with surface. It can be extended for ddraw but I am not yet working on that.

Not ddraw, but only opengl or direct3d (some games has optional dosbox ykhwong build).
But i found the way to upload custom screenshots (from dosbox capture folder), its not very convenient, but it works 😀
http://steamcommunity.com/id/KainXVIII/screen … &view=imagewall here is my gallery from Harvester, some screenshots from ykhwong build, some from latest svn of dosbox with pixel-perfect scaling, you can tell the difference 😀 Also you can see, that fmv movies screenshots (which are 320x200) not scaled properly, as mentioned by Yesterplay80

Also i don't think that GoG or Steam will update their games to new dosbox UNTIL it updates itself to new version (ie 0.75)

Reply 203 of 733, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:
lightmaster wrote:

Are you sure? i always use(d openglnb for screenshots.
Cheers

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 204 of 733, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:
lightmaster wrote:

I think it's an interesting proposal, hope it works for steam and gog releases to capture screenshots too.

Aren't screenshots and video captured in the game's orginal resolution and aspect ratio anyway? At least if you use the built-in capturing (Ctrl+F5, Ctrl+Alt+F5)?

I guess so, but i'm not 100% sure.

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 205 of 733, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

lightmaster, I misremembered about the screenshots. You are correct. Edit: If I shall be extending my patch, I shall make it orthogonal to output type, so that it shall work with any output.

Last edited by Ant_222 on 2016-10-31, 19:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 207 of 733, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lightmaster wrote:

Np Ant_22, Bravos 'n' claps for your work!!

Thank you kindly!

I have just uploaded the alpha 9 version of the patch, which changes the defaults as discussed. To test it, delete the configuration file before running the patched version. Then invoke

config -wc

from within DOSBox prompt to generate a fresh config with the new defaults.

Reply 208 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Enhanced build is updated with your alpha 9 patch.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 210 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:

Thanks a lot—let us see whether the new defaults work for everybody.

They don't work here, I always get the old defaults when creating a new conf file (fullresolution=original, output=surface).

Btw.:

const char* outputs[] = {
- "surface", "overlay",
+ "surface", "surfacepp", "surfacenp", "surfacenb", "surface",

I think that's one "surface" to much and one "overlay" missing there. 😉

Last edited by Yesterplay80 on 2016-11-07, 08:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 212 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:

Yesterplay80, did you remove the old config file before running the patched version?

Yes, I did.

Reply 214 of 733, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:
Btw.: […]
Show full quote

Btw.:

- "surface", "overlay",

I think that's one "surface" to much and one "overlay" missing there. ;)

It is probably my bludner. I will check it in the evening. That should not prevent DOSBox from generating the config file with new defaults.

Reply 215 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:

I have justed it with your build, and it worked for me, generating a correct config file. I used the archive named DOSBox SVN r4000 enhanced.7z

Huh? It worked here now, too. Maybe I accidently used an older DOSBox.exe. Sorry! I updated my build again, it now shows "overlay" instead of the second "surface" again in the conf.

Reply 216 of 733, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:
I think that's one "surface" to much and one "overlay" missing there. ;) […]
Show full quote
- "surface", "overlay",

I think that's one "surface" to much and one "overlay" missing there. ;)

Fixed in alpha 10.

Reply 217 of 733, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:

Fixed in alpha 10.

Thanks! Enhanced builds are up to date, too! 😀

Reply 219 of 733, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is Norton Commander windows supposed looks so.. squished?

Attachments

• ncmain_000.png
    Filename
    ncmain_000.png
    File size
    7.83 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception