Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 2163 of 52929, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dirkmirk wrote:

I saw that videoblaster, does it playback MPEG videoes & VCDs?

I think that is its main function, but I'll see when I get the manual + drivers. Very hard to find much info about it online.

It is a curiosity to add to my 486 and full length ISA cards are always fun 😉

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2164 of 52929, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:
dirkmirk wrote:

I think that is its main function, but I'll see when I get the manual + drivers. Very hard to find much info about it online.

What is a reasonable price to pay for a CT3980? no boxes nor stuff, just the card

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 2165 of 52929, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:
dirkmirk wrote:

With the addition of a Phone Blaster and a 3DO Blaster, you would complete the entire familiy 🤣

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 2166 of 52929, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
subhuman@xgtx wrote:
vetz wrote:
dirkmirk wrote:

With the addition of a Phone Blaster and a 3DO Blaster, you would complete the entire familiy 🤣

All you would need then is Master Blaster! ^.^

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2167 of 52929, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Works very well and this is likely the way I'm going to proceed with my retro time-machines.

Nice! This is what I'm hoping to do as well with the IDE-toSata adapters I ordered...

Reply 2168 of 52929, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Getting my hands on this was an unlikely coincidence. I’d bid on the SCC-1 in the ‘eBay auctions that might interest you’ thread not expecting to win and didn’t, and then I happened to click on the ‘other items like this’ link in eBay – which I never do – and it brought up an ‘pickup only’ auction for an SC-55 in Melbourne. Melbourne’s a big place so I enquired as to where it was exactly, and it turned out to be 5 mins down the road from me. And it also happened that it was my stay-at-home-and-look-after-the-kids-day, so I ‘bought it now’ for 75 bucks and picked it up an hour later. I love hardware in boxes with manual and after a quick clean it looks great, “as new” would be pushing it but it’s close.

IMG_3436_zps2202885e.jpg

IMG_3439_zpse6a9328e.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsc8f4e180.jpg

And I picked this up for a couple of dollars recently (plus about 20 bucks postage), a CH Flightstick Pro. It’s also in great condition and works like a charm.

IMG_3446_zpsd4216f89.jpg

Reply 2171 of 52929, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Can an SC-55 be used in place of an MT-32?

It can be put in "MT-32 mode". But only games that use the default MT-32 configuration will sound correct with it. The Secret of Monkey Island is one.

And there are a few others, but none of the "real" MT-32 games like Space Quest 4, Wing Commander or Fate of Atlantis will sound correct as they re-configure the MT-32 to the max 😀

badmofo wrote:

Getting my hands on this was an unlikely coincidence. I’d bid on the SCC-1 in the ‘eBay auctions that might interest you’ thread not expecting to win and didn’t, and then I happened to click on the ‘other items like this’ link in eBay – which I never do – and it brought up an ‘pickup only’ auction for an SC-55 in Melbourne. Melbourne’s a big place so I enquired as to where it was exactly, and it turned out to be 5 mins down the road from me. And it also happened that it was my stay-at-home-and-look-after-the-kids-day, so I ‘bought it now’ for 75 bucks and picked it up an hour later. I love hardware in boxes with manual and after a quick clean it looks great, “as new” would be pushing it but it’s close.

Very nice! Enjoy it, it's a great unit...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2173 of 52929, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is this considered retro?

medium.jpg medium.jpg
(thumbnails, click for larger)

Got it to put on my Asus P4P800-E Deluxe for benchmarking. So glad I found it 😀

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 2174 of 52929, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finally I've been looking for this baby at a decent price for a time now!

Just bought this Roland Mt-32 from a guy in my hometown. 50€
The module shows signs of use but all in all it looks pretty good.

I know is not the cheapest price, but still, is better than the ones I had looked at before. AT least I know this one works perfectly!

cimg6223r.jpg

Reply 2175 of 52929, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What exactly does that thing do? What kind of device is it?

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 2178 of 52929, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
NitroX infinity wrote:

Is this considered retro?

Got it to put on my Asus P4P800-E Deluxe for benchmarking. So glad I found it 😀

Fun fact: you can actually downclock it(Dothan cpu) all the way to 6x 100mhz bus, 600mhz 'P4'... 😁

Reply 2179 of 52929, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
d1stortion wrote:

The SC-88 has a CM-64 mode, is that of any use for games? Or in other words, are there games that use the extra sounds but stick to the default MT-32 config otherwise?

Not familiar with that unit, but the main difference with the CM-64 is the integrated CM-32P module with PCM samples. So I guess it has thee samples built in!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel