Reply 1140 of 1145, by ThisOldTech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the drivers I got with a Typhoon Sound Systems
Sound Card 16 "Gold" 3D - Based on the Opti 82C924

This includes Win 3.11 & Win 95 Drivers

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sun_Z … QDZ?usp=sharing

Dunno, might help someone? There's hardly any info online about these cards.

Attachments

I rescue old PCs and keep them from being recycled/melted down 😀
Current: AST Advantage! Adventure 6066d

Reply 1141 of 1145, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great work ! Will try to add the last 3 file posts to library this weekend.

Hate posting a reply and have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. 🤣 Second computer a 286 12Mhz with real IDE drive ! After that came 386, 486, Pentium, P.Pro and everything after....

Reply 1142 of 1145, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When making copies of driver disks (or any other software), please always try to make disk images of them instead of copying the files separately from the disks. Sometimes the installations programs don't work correctly if the files are copied separately and the installation program is asking for a floppy disk with a certain volume label.

I often use WinImage on Windows to make disk images, so I can recommend that software for making them. But it is necessary to keep the floppy disks write protected, all modern versions of Windows will otherwise modify the floppy disks without asking the user. It creates some hidden directory on floppy disks.

On Linux, command "dd" can be used to make disk images of floppy disks.

Reply 1143 of 1145, by ThisOldTech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
markot wrote on 2021-04-30, 07:52:

When making copies of driver disks (or any other software), please always try to make disk images of them instead of copying the files separately from the disks. Sometimes the installations programs don't work correctly if the files are copied separately and the installation program is asking for a floppy disk with a certain volume label.

I'm unable to reply to your PM due to my newbie level of Vogons (my slow transition from being a lurker to a contributor is evident haha) but I've created disk images from the Typhoon Sound Card (Opti 924 chipset) and will do that with all the disks in write-protect from now on.

Floppy images (created w/WinImage) are here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sun_Z … QDZ?usp=sharing

I rescue old PCs and keep them from being recycled/melted down 😀
Current: AST Advantage! Adventure 6066d

Reply 1145 of 1145, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And if looking at this screenshot, here is the reason why always keep write protection on, if copying files from floppy disks to Windows machines. Windows always makes a "System Volume Information" directory on floppy disks that don't have write protection on. Often this is not a problem, but it is better to avoid.

sysvolinfo.png
Filename
sysvolinfo.png
File size
120.34 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain