VOGONS

How to make a Voodoo2 SLI cable

Topic actions

First post, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can make one from a floppy drive cable. Here's a wiring diagram that shows you which wires need to be reversed.

http://www.soldcentralfl.com/quakecoop/files/v2_pinouts.gif

I found this somewhere on the web. I think this should be added to the vogonswiki voodoo2 part, but I don't quite know how to do that.

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 1 of 33, by JaNoZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks i needed it, i already made one, but still need to test it for proper function.

Also is it or is it not possible to run 4 V2's in SLI? as i saw some pages about before, i would like to try and make a SLI cable for that one 😀 anyone has a pinout for that?

Reply 2 of 33, by northernosprey02

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think floppy cable can be an alternative of V2 SLI cable. So, try using floppy cable as V2 SLI cable. Hope it's working

Reply 5 of 33, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Scylla wrote:

Excellent! I'll keep this for future reference.

Yes, but this should be incorporated to the vogonswiki at:

www.vogonswiki.com

Or is this not being maintained anymore? I'd do it myself, but I'm completely clueless with wiki stuff.

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 7 of 33, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:

Brilliant!

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

Reply 8 of 33, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:

Dear RacoonRider, can you add my first .gif too, please? Because that one has the pin-out (and you need that to build the cable), although less information about the cable itself.

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

Reply 10 of 33, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dear rug, I thought that was the same picture when I edited the article. Since the image is sufficient to make a cable, I added your blueprint as a link. btw, distortion just made this into a separate page, I should have thought of that 😀

Reply 14 of 33, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JaNoZ wrote:

Also is it or is it not possible to run 4 V2's in SLI? as i saw some pages about before, i would like to try and make a SLI cable for that one 😀 anyone has a pinout for that?

Argh, I keep forgetting where to find that. It's not a simple matter of putting together a cable; the doohickey in question was a fairly bulky circuit board.

Reply 15 of 33, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Who made the original image?
I was bored today so i remade the one in this thread in illustrator.

Beta, needs improvement and credits:

SLIVoodoo.png

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 18 of 33, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are the analog RGB signals sent from one card to the next over that cable? If so it may be advisable to use an 80-pin ultra ata cable as it is 75-Ohm just like video cable.

Reply 19 of 33, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I dont mind, upload it 😀
I just need to alter the colors a bit. If any one has suggestions and what more text to add, do tell. Also, thanks 🤣

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"