Nothing yet here.. You know that iam was a way for a long time..
Now iam waiting for a new table to place here on the upper floor. Then make more space here to work on the older hardware i purchased over the years. Have to relocate some hardware that laying in the way on the new table..
Have to relocate computer and other things from table to table.
If iam going further on building / testing / repairing stuff:
This is what iam going to do.
1. First i going to do the easy work: Building an Pentium II 333 / 350 Mhz machine (i dont know yet if the 333Mhz option is fast enough for my) (most stuff i already have or purchased it recently)
2. Second going to repair my Laser 8088 XT3 turbo 10 Mhz machine. There are some things i need to address.
- Have to desolder the DMA controller IC socket (that went bad due age) and replace it with a new one * the computer have a floppy drive related error (i think is because of erosion)
- Upgrading the 20MB NEC 5.25 MFM drive for a Seagate ST-277R Rll 60MB harddisk
- Need to check the ram on the motherboard. The last time i worked on the machine it gave me an memory parity error *going to test all of the ram chips*
- Low-format / format the new drive and install DoS 4.01 dutch on it.. (because it was commenly sold in the netherlands)
3. Start building my 80386 AMD DX 40 Machine.
4. Then iam starting to build a Pentium Classic machine 133 / 150 / 166 one (have to test what the sweet spot will be.
Between the system builds iam trying to clean / replace / upgrade / repair the hardware which i bought over the years..
De-yellowing / retro brite i will do in a later stage.. For me its more important to getting the machine running.
Next month i have enough to do.
~ At least it can do black and white~