First post, by Cga.8086
here is nothing wrong with dreaming so...
This is a great question to all of you. i was going to put a lower price but since prices are going up every time i see i kept it like that..
If you had $5.000 dollars to buy kick ass retro hardware, what would you buy?
these i my choices:
- one of those really expensive biostar 486 motherboards with pci, i think it was BIOSTAR MB-8433UUD
- A voodooo 5 videocard...maybe pci because it is worth a lot more than agp
- A gravis ultrasound
- One of those soundblaster AWE32 (the ones that have a long pcb)
- An IBM model M keyboard, but specifically the MODEL M hat does not have the number keys on the right (shrink model)
- Lots of Simm memory, EDO and FPM (32meg sticks or 64 meg sticks)
- Mouse? one of those PS1 mouses and a very old genius 3 button mouse.
- a big SONY CRT monitor , 20inch
- A supersocket7 motheboard, don´t know what model yet.
- An aureal vortex2
- retro case? its difficult to think of one because they were all the same from china cheap plastic that yellowed.
- CD-rom ...one of the older model that had the case that you needed to take out.
- Speakers... oh yea, cambridge soundworks
- cache memory?
- a geforce 59000 ultra
- a k6-2+ cpu
- an adlib soundcard
- a roland mt-32
can´t think of any more things i wished to have