VOGONS

First post, by amadeus777999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After a long hiatus I started said board and there was an error message which said something about the Bios being corrupt at startup.
The PC is running fine in DOS but in windows I can't install any PCI(-gfx) cards because it always throws a resource conflict.
I didn't change anything in the configuration(gfx card or jumper settings) when first encountering the error so I strongly assume that the root cause may lie with the BIOS having been corrupted...

...Ideas and bios files welcome.

Reply 3 of 4, by amadeus777999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have to see if I have a backup of the original BIOS - I'll upload it later this week.

mpe was nice enough to provide me with a BIOS but... unfortunately this version did not provide proper functioning of the board.
So I went back and luckily realized that the mishappen with the graphics card had already happened in 1995 on another board though(Mercury based). Maybe a resource conflict and... bingo!
I have to admit that the board seems to be a bit picky. A simple solution is to just pop in another gfx card(ATi for example) but a Matrox is pretty much the only card I care for in such a system.