First post, by CuPid
CPU-Z turns 20 this year, and to celebrate that birthday I decided to improve (add, in some cases) the support of 486, 586 and 686 class processors. I work on that project for three months now, and get a beta version ready. I’m asking the help of the Vogons community to test that the beta version, gather the bugs, errors, suggestions and remarks, and very generally give me your opinion.
Some preliminary notes :
Minimal requirements for OS and CPU :
the new version is separated from the classic CPU-Z, and is built with Visual 6.0 in order to work on Windows 95. 386 class processors are supported in theory, but only a few 386 users run windows 95, so I did not get very deep into that, except for 486DLC/SXL.
New features :
- support the processors w/o the cpuid instruction.
- CPU clock speed is reported on processors w/o TSC.
- New INT/FPU benchmark (monothread). The bench test runs for fixed time of 10 seconds on all machines (5 seconds w/o FPU). To get consistent results under Windows 9x, please don’t move the mouse during the test.
- Report on-board caches : well, at least partially and only on mainboards with PCI (see below for more information about that).
What you can do to help : (updated 04/15/2020)
Of course report any information that seems wrong or only partial. However I’m looking for some specific returns :
- Cyrix 486DRx2.
- IBM BL3 (aka DLC3), 486SLC/SLC2.
- Please post your benchmarks results for CPUs that are not listed yet, so I can complete the reference table.
In order to generate a report : from the Tools button at the bottom of the application or from the about tab (Save reports as .TXT), then please send your file to : firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join a screenshot if you think it can be useful (missing or wrong logo for example).
Official version : https://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.03-win9x.zip
Beta version : https://download.cpuid.com/betas/cpuz_w95.zip
Big thanks in advance.