Topic actions

Reply 641 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ultra_code wrote on 2023-01-18, 18:15:
Mumak wrote on 2023-01-18, 07:00:

Try to put the following settings in the [Settings] section of HWiNFO32.INI file if that will help:

[Settings]
LPC1=0
LPC2=0

No dice. Same behavior.

Hmm, then try to disable SMBus support.

Reply 643 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a non-retro question about app. Currently, if i want to display FPS in OSD, i need to do some extra steps since fps is absent without game running. So it's necessary to run the game, then launch hwinfo and line will be there. Is there a way to make fps always available? Sometimes i explain people how to get OSD info and this step confuses people.

Reply 644 of 677, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ultra_code wrote on 2023-01-18, 02:45:
So, I'm having a bit of a... unique time with my Asus K7M. […]
Show full quote

So, I'm having a bit of a... unique time with my Asus K7M.

The board is a Slot A board with an AMD-751 northbridge and a VIA VT82C686A southbridge (personally before this board I have never seen a solution like this). The board uses an Asus-branded chip for sensors I believe (AS61256-8 / 9942S0701).

When I went to install XP SP3, it did not automatically determine it to be a board that supported APM, even though the BIOS itself has APM options and after manually-enabling APM support in the OS, it works as intended (although "sleep" is not an option; I have APM enabled but basically all of the individual options disabled in the BIOS, so that might be why, since I will be overclocking with this board). This comes off as strange to me, since my Super Socket 7 Soyo SY-5EMA+ v1.1 has perfectly normal APM support under Win2K and XP.

Anywho, moving on.

Whenever I open up HWINFO's "sensors" window, while it does seem to work just fine, it disables both the PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports in the process, as well as breaking how XP shuts down the machine (XP itself will "shut down," but then the board will still run and provide power to everything as if it were on). It does not affect USB peripherals plugged into the board, and opening the main report window does not cause any issues.

XP has been manually fully-updated (not via Legacy Update, but semi-automated installation of individual updates I organized a few years ago).

Let me know if you require anything else.

Don't want to pressure too much, but I was wondering if there was a status update regarding this matter. Thanks.

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png

Reply 645 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ultra_code wrote on 2023-01-27, 17:23:
ultra_code wrote on 2023-01-18, 02:45:
So, I'm having a bit of a... unique time with my Asus K7M. […]
Show full quote

So, I'm having a bit of a... unique time with my Asus K7M.

The board is a Slot A board with an AMD-751 northbridge and a VIA VT82C686A southbridge (personally before this board I have never seen a solution like this). The board uses an Asus-branded chip for sensors I believe (AS61256-8 / 9942S0701).

When I went to install XP SP3, it did not automatically determine it to be a board that supported APM, even though the BIOS itself has APM options and after manually-enabling APM support in the OS, it works as intended (although "sleep" is not an option; I have APM enabled but basically all of the individual options disabled in the BIOS, so that might be why, since I will be overclocking with this board). This comes off as strange to me, since my Super Socket 7 Soyo SY-5EMA+ v1.1 has perfectly normal APM support under Win2K and XP.

Anywho, moving on.

Whenever I open up HWINFO's "sensors" window, while it does seem to work just fine, it disables both the PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports in the process, as well as breaking how XP shuts down the machine (XP itself will "shut down," but then the board will still run and provide power to everything as if it were on). It does not affect USB peripherals plugged into the board, and opening the main report window does not cause any issues.

XP has been manually fully-updated (not via Legacy Update, but semi-automated installation of individual updates I organized a few years ago).

Let me know if you require anything else.

Don't want to pressure too much, but I was wondering if there was a status update regarding this matter. Thanks.

Currently I have no idea why this is happening. I'd suggest to disable various options, you already disabled LPC1/2 and SMBus and it didn't work. Maybe try others like ACPI.

Reply 646 of 677, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2023-01-27, 18:11:

Currently I have no idea why this is happening. I'd suggest to disable various options, you already disabled LPC1/2 and SMBus and it didn't work. Maybe try others like ACPI.

Still nothing. 😒

Nothing I disable helps.

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png

Reply 647 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ultra_code wrote on 2023-01-27, 19:33:
Mumak wrote on 2023-01-27, 18:11:

Still nothing. 😒

Nothing I disable helps.

Please attach DBG file when all things are disabled, especially LPC1/2 and SMBus.

Reply 648 of 677, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2023-01-27, 20:08:

Please attach DBG file when all things are disabled, especially LPC1/2 and SMBus.

Here.

Attachments

• Filename
    K7M-disabling.zip
    File size
    41.52 KiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png

Reply 650 of 677, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mumak wrote on 2023-01-27, 22:28:

Looks like LPC support is not disabled via the INI file.

I'm sorry. I read this post, but got sidetracked doing other things. Here's a new debug file with LPC1/2 disabled, and this time with a new Thunderbird CPU as well (same behavior, so it is most likely not a CPU issue).

Attachments

• Filename
    debug.zip
    File size
    18.33 KiB
    Downloads
    67 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png

Reply 651 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Mumak! Maybe there is a chance you can help me, please. I’ve got a 2009 laptop with GeForce 260M, my problem is that none of known apps can read gpu load. I tried hwinfo, gpu-z, msi afterburner. All of them report zero load. I tried different drivers from 2009-2016. No luck. I’m on windows 7 x64. Don’t have access to similar machine to compare. But I’ve got older laptops and all report gpu load correctly. Can’t believe ASUS blocked this feature.

Filename
HWiNFO64.zip
File size
129.72 KiB
Downloads
59 downloads
File license
Public domain
zero.jpg
Filename
zero.jpg
File size
235.98 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by vorob on 2023-03-19, 18:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 652 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vorob wrote on 2023-03-19, 18:09:

Hi Murmak! Maybe there is a chance you can help me, please. I’ve got a 2009 laptop with GeForce 260M, my problem is that none of known apps can read gpu load. I tried hwinfo, gpu-z, msi afterburner. All of them report zero load. I tried different drivers from 2009-2016. No luck. I’m on windows 7 x64. Don’t have access to similar machine to compare. But I’ve got older laptops and all report gpu load correctly. Can’t believe ASUS blocked this feature.

HWiNFO64.zip

zero.jpg

We completely rely on drivers here, more precisely NVAPI and don't have any alternatives in this case. And that reports 0%.. So the problem can be only fixed in drivers.

Reply 653 of 677, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks Mumak! I've also checked other machines with 260 on YouTube, and they also don't report gpu load. So, my sample is not broken, just some weird way chosen by ASUS.

I was also studying another issue, and this again brought me here. You see, the clock of my GPU is 500mhz on core and 800mhz on memory and gpu-z reads it properly, but msi afterburner gives me 540 on gpu. I checked hwinfo and core clock is 500, but something called GPU Geometry Clock is 540. What is GPU Geometry Clock? Why MSI takes its data? What's going on 😀

I guess it will be an off topic, sorry for this.

geometry.jpg
Filename
geometry.jpg
File size
202.81 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 654 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In most GPUs all its domains are driven by a a single clock, so you just see a single GPU Clock. But some are different, e.g. some older GPUs or even the latest Navi 3x runs the shaders at a different clock than the frontend.
Your GPU has different clock domains so the Geometry Clock reflects the Geometry Unit of the GPU.

Reply 655 of 677, by greblos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the info from my Shuttle HOT-419 Socket 3 board. The main points are the Opti 82C895 chipset, 32MiB FPM RAM, an AMD 5x86 CPU at 160MHz on a 40MHz FSB, 256KiB of 15ns L2 cache, 1MiB VLB CL-GD5428 graphics, Winbond WB759F based VLB IDE controller with 8GiB CF card, Sound Blaster 16, Realtek 8019AS based ISA network card, Windows 95 OSR 2.1 fully updated.

I noted that HWiNFO doesn't seem to be identifying my L2 cache. I can confirm that it is enabled and performs properly in Speedsys and CACHECHK under DOS. Hope this is helpful.

Shuttle HOT-419 on The Retro Web https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/shuttle-hot-419

file.php?mode=view&id=160930

Attachments

• Filename
    HOT-419.png
    File size
    10.94 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    hot-419.zip
    File size
    362.56 KiB
    Downloads
    56 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 656 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
greblos wrote on 2023-03-27, 21:14:
Here's the info from my Shuttle HOT-419 Socket 3 board. The main points are the Opti 82C895 chipset, 32MiB FPM RAM, an AMD 5x86 […]
Show full quote

Here's the info from my Shuttle HOT-419 Socket 3 board. The main points are the Opti 82C895 chipset, 32MiB FPM RAM, an AMD 5x86 CPU at 160MHz on a 40MHz FSB, 256KiB of 15ns L2 cache, 1MiB VLB CL-GD5428 graphics, Winbond WB759F based VLB IDE controller with 8GiB CF card, Sound Blaster 16, Realtek 8019AS based ISA network card, Windows 95 OSR 2.1 fully updated.

I noted that HWiNFO doesn't seem to be identifying my L2 cache. I can confirm that it is enabled and performs properly in Speedsys and CACHECHK under DOS. Hope this is helpful.

Shuttle HOT-419 on The Retro Web https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/shuttle-hot-419

file.php?mode=view&id=160930

Thanks for the results, it's helpful !
Unfortunately detection of some items (e.g. L2 cache on pre-PCI systems) is not possible under Windows. HWiNFO for DOS should give here better results.
I will at least improve detection of this mainboard model in HWiNFO32 and fix some minor issues.

Reply 657 of 677, by Takedasun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Incorrect GPU frequency, it should be 75 Mhz

hwinfo.png
Filename
hwinfo.png
File size
43.33 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

and memory timings

timing.png
Filename
timing.png
File size
8.4 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Attachments

• Filename
    HWiNFO32.zip
    File size
    9.15 KiB
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 658 of 677, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Takedasun wrote on 2023-04-20, 12:30:
Incorrect GPU frequency, it should be 75 Mhz […]
Show full quote

Incorrect GPU frequency, it should be 75 Mhz

hwinfo.png

and memory timings

timing.png

Thanks. Memory timings will be fixed in the next build. But not sure how to fix the GPU clock. This card seems to be using a different clocking path (SCLK HCLK direct).

Reply 659 of 677, by Deunan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
                                 HWiNFO v6.2.2 
█████████████████████████████System Information█████████████████████████████
║ ║
║ Main Processor: Intel 80386SX, 100.0 MHz ║
║ Math Co-Processor: Cyrix FasMath 83S87 Old, 100.0 MHz ║

I wish my 386SX was this fast, sadly it's just a 40MHz system. This bug was also present in 6.2.0 version.
Also, does HWiNFO need more than 4M on PCI systems to run? I also get a memory error with 8M - that there's not enough XMS memory, but it works when HIMEM is loaded. With more than 8M program works with and without HIMEM.