VOGONS

First post, by Tymo486DX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am looking for any manual of that board.
I have found picture of oryginal manual
Juko ST

Attachments

Route 66 MHz😎

Reply 1 of 13, by Tymo486DX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am looking for description of ASIC chip NEC manufactirer.
NEC ASIC Japan 567 8838KK???
I can't see it!
Maybe somebody have it or know it.
Some versions of that motherbord have VDL ASIC 500.

Attachments

Route 66 MHz😎

Reply 3 of 13, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's also something in TH99:
http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/A-B/32279.htm
http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/I-L/33437.htm

The chipset seems to be Tamarack TD3300A:

jukost.jpg
Filename
jukost.jpg
File size
1.99 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.

Reply 4 of 13, by Tymo486DX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is not equal. You linked to UX torbo, clone of Juko ST.
I have got it.
I am still looking for manual from 1st photo.oryginal Juko ST much more
heavy then lightly UX turbo manual.
Try to look once more time very carefully at first photo of this topic.

Route 66 MHz😎

Reply 5 of 13, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tymo486DX2 wrote on 2020-07-16, 11:00:
It is not equal. You linked to UX torbo, clone of Juko ST. I have got it. I am still looking for manual from 1st photo.oryginal […]
Show full quote

It is not equal. You linked to UX torbo, clone of Juko ST.
I have got it.
I am still looking for manual from 1st photo.oryginal Juko ST much more
heavy then lightly UX turbo manual.
Try to look once more time very carefully at first photo of this topic.

The UX Turbo manual is already 12 pages. What more are you looking for not already mentioned in this manual?

Reply 6 of 13, by kalohimal

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the exact same board, which I bought new in 1990. It is a Unique UX Turbo. The manual is the same as the one linked above.
jesolo also has another thread where the utility disk is available.

IMG_20200716_221125.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200716_221125.jpg
File size
1.85 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Slow down your CPU with CPUSPD for DOS retro gaming.

Reply 7 of 13, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kalohimal wrote on 2020-07-16, 14:15:

I have the exact same board, which I bought new in 1990. It is a Unique UX Turbo. The manual is the same as the one linked above.
jesolo also has another thread where the utility disk is available.

IMG_20200716_221125.jpg

I noticed that you also have a math co-processor on your motherboard. What is your math co-processor's speed rsting?

Since the CPU runs at 12 MHz, I didn't want to insert a math co-processor that could potentially be overclocked. As far as I'm aware they didn't make math co-processors faster than 10 MHz, but I'm speaking under correction.
It's possible that, on this board, the math co-processor runs asynchronously to the CPU, but I haven't investigated this further.

Reply 8 of 13, by kalohimal

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's a C8087-3 which is 5MHz. You're right about the FPU running at the same clock speed as the CPU (both of their clock pins are connected), so yeah it won't work in turbo. It was so long ago I could hardly remember what happened. It was probably inserted many years after the board was put into storage, after a friend gave it to me. I could not afford one when the computer was new (was still a college student back then).

Slow down your CPU with CPUSPD for DOS retro gaming.

Reply 9 of 13, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kalohimal wrote on 2020-07-16, 16:47:

It's a C8087-3 which is 5MHz. You're right about the FPU running at the same clock speed as the CPU (both of their clock pins are connected), so yeah it won't work in turbo. It was so long ago I could hardly remember what happened. It was probably inserted many years after the board was put into storage, after a friend gave it to me. I could not afford one when the computer was new (was still a college student back then).

It's good you kept your motherboard - I recently went a bit overboard with my motherboard.
Installed in a case with an 8-bit VGA card and an XT-IDE adapter with a 32 MB CF card 😊. A very nice DOS 3.3 PC.

Reply 11 of 13, by st31276a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a quick stupid question if I may? I just dug one of these out of an attic. The manual does not say explicitly, but I assume this board requires an XT type unidirectional keyboard? Being a later clone with its keyboard controller integrated into the chipset makes me wonder.

Reply 12 of 13, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
st31276a wrote on 2023-12-11, 10:46:

Just a quick stupid question if I may? I just dug one of these out of an attic. The manual does not say explicitly, but I assume this board requires an XT type unidirectional keyboard? Being a later clone with its keyboard controller integrated into the chipset makes me wonder.

Yes, XT keyboard.

Nie tylko, jak widzicie, w tym trudność, że nie zdołacie wejść na moją górę, lecz i w tym, że ja do was cały zejść nie mogę, gdyż schodząc, gubię po drodze to, co miałem donieść.