User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote on 2021-07-03, 20:08:
Hey britain4, […]
Show full quote

Hey britain4,

I purchased and tested one of those AGP boards. They will only go to AGP 2x mode with the 5950 Ultra. Other cards go to 4x. It depends. I bought three and gave two Vogons members one each. One member made a video about their build based on that board.

Also, some posts I made about my experience with it as well:

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today
Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today
Re: Windows 98SE not 4X AGP, but 2X AGP
Re: AliExpress AGP cards

Huh - looks like you guys (who picked up from Alibaba/AliExpress) all sourced the board from IIT (Shenzhen Immediate Information Technology), so that's good.
Funny that you (and others) mentioned that it's a gigabyte clone - from what I've heard ITZR used to manufacture boards in China for Gigabyte, so it could be a case of a subcontractor making a little more, changing some stuff around, and selling it as their own later on. I really don't think that board is meant for "industrial purposes", since Industrial machines typically denotes more solid builds, higher grade caps, longer service life and possibly passive cooling - I don't think any of that applies here (although brokers in that industry likes to rebadge old machines as industrial machines). It is, however, a possibly cost effective way to build a NOS system...

*sigh*. Almost every major company in mainland China likes to pretend to be something that they are not. IIT looked impressive if you saw the (rather blurry) photos of their office/manufacturing facilities on AliExpress...until you notice that they have 11-50 employees (so no way in hell those photos of the blurry buildings in their Aliexpress site would be their facilities), then you look up their website and realize that their contact address is a housing complex next to a subway station on Shenzhen Metro's line 4. Then you delve deeper and notice that their contact address doesn't match between the Chinese and the English version of the site (they are both flats/apartments in housing complexes in Shenzhen). Seems…sketchy.
As my mentor would've put it - sometimes, perception is everything, and people make inferences based on the little things.

Last edited by ragefury32 on 2021-07-04, 19:25. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 21 of 23, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ragefury32 wrote on 2021-07-04, 02:43:

Huh - looks like you guys all sourced the board from IIT (Shenzhen Immediate Information Technology), so that's good.

Mine came from

Spoiler

pc*one*world member since Mar 08, 2011

not Alibaba but could be same source as they deal mostly in Gigabyte plus some Asus and Asrock stuff.
Prices have gone up a lot since I bought mine.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 22 of 23, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Luckybob did a long video of surgery on one of the AGP boards. Replaced the soldered BIOS with a socket for easy replacement. (replacement with socket happens at about 49:30)

https://youtu.be/Zc9c7D5juuM

Reply 23 of 23, by britain4

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It’s pretty cool to see the board actually in action and also being a clone of a Gigabyte board. Already got an NOS S370 spare board so I really don’t need it but that’s never stopped me buying anything before…

- P-MMX 200MHZ, PCChips M598LMR, Voodoo
- P-MMX 233MHz, FIC PA2013, S3 ViRGE + Voodoo
- PII 400MHz, MSI MS6119, ATI Rage Pro Turbo + Voodoo2 SLI
- PIII 1400MHz, ECS P6IPAT, Voodoo5 5500
- Toshiba Libretto 110CT, 300MHz, 96MB RAM