SSD not recognized on ASUS P2B 440BX

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mockingbird wrote on 2022-07-03, 17:29:
Please elaborate... Is that related to BP or generally with hardware compatibility? […]
Show full quote
Gmlb256 wrote on 2022-07-03, 16:54:

I recently found other examples involving this situation with MapEdit for Wolf3D (the OP on that thread was misled) and the first StarMines game by Jari Karjala. The "/g" command line switch helps but it won't solve entirely the problem around the CGA 8x8 ROM font. It should suffice in most cases though.

Please elaborate... Is that related to BP or generally with hardware compatibility?

BP's switch description lists "/g" as having the following effect:

"skip delete BIOS CGA-font 8x8 (increase size of modul.tmp)".

It is related to BIOS Patcher, you can test the programs with the original non-patched BIOS (prior running the BIOS Patcher utility to make sure) for verification.

So are you saying that it is still in fact modifying the module in some way that interferes with 8x8 support?

Yes, I can confirm that with StarMines.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 21 of 21, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gmlb256 wrote on 2022-07-03, 17:40:

So are you saying that it is still in fact modifying the module in some way that interferes with 8x8 support?

Yes, I can confirm that with StarMines.

Thanks. I confirm too.

Funny thing was I accidentally put the AZZA KT3-AV BIOS on my BIOSTAR M7VKD and it POSTed 🤣.

But anyways, I put the M7VKD BIOS in there after patching with /g and /s switch (and the /s switch did in fact fix the intermittent reversion to the stock BIOS -- even without being triggered), but in StarMines the text in the middle of the screen is rubbish. Tested again on my QDI Platinix2 and it looked fine.

I guess it's better to just manually insert microcodes and do it that way...

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png