VOGONS

First post, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know there is the fabled EVGA SR-2 Classified but that only supports SLI due to the dual NForce chipsets but was there ever a dual LGA 1366 socket motherboard from the 2010-2011 period that could also support quad Crossfire aka dual 5970s?

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Test bench: Asus P3B-F | 1.3Ghz Tualeron w/ Powerleap | Geforce 2 Ti500 | SB Live! 5.1 CT4760

Reply 1 of 5, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Firstly there no X58 Dual Socket boards at all, all Dual Socket boards have either 5500 or 5520 chipsets, I guess 7500 is also possible.

Such as the Supermicro X8DTHF-iF have 7 x PCIe x16 slots. The X8DTHF-iF may not support Quad Crossfire, but suspect there will be a workstation variant that will.

I feel https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/s … s-build.759299/ may be worth a read

Reply 2 of 5, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Apologies for the tardy reply, thanks for the nugget though. That link was well worth the read. I think I’ll be sticking with a single 5650x on my X58 build then 😀

But sigh, the desire to have all dual-socket, dual-GPU rigs is strong. Verrrry strong.

Test bench: Asus P3B-F | 1.3Ghz Tualeron w/ Powerleap | Geforce 2 Ti500 | SB Live! 5.1 CT4760

Reply 3 of 5, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Only if your desire to suffer is that strong. SLI/Crossfire don't scale well and have problems with input lag and frame pacing.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Reply 4 of 5, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Getting it all to work is surely all part of the fun 😉

Reply 5 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know how you feel.
I have a pair of GTX590's but only in a single socket board. One day I want to get dual socket Asus Z10PE board, but prices are still too high for something with 0 practical use.

Then I have this freak but think one of the HD7990 cards is on the way out and the build is a bit "messy" for my tastes
My Win7/XP build with 2 CPU 16 thread's, 4 GPU crossfire, 2 PSU build