VOGONS

First post, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know there is the fabled EVGA SR-2 Classified but that only supports SLI due to the dual NForce chipsets but was there ever a dual LGA 1366 socket motherboard from the 2010-2011 period that could also support quad Crossfire aka dual 5970s?

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 1 of 5, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Firstly there no X58 Dual Socket boards at all, all Dual Socket boards have either 5500 or 5520 chipsets, I guess 7500 is also possible.

Such as the Supermicro X8DTHF-iF have 7 x PCIe x16 slots. The X8DTHF-iF may not support Quad Crossfire, but suspect there will be a workstation variant that will.

I feel https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/s … s-build.759299/ may be worth a read

Reply 2 of 5, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Apologies for the tardy reply, thanks for the nugget though. That link was well worth the read. I think I’ll be sticking with a single 5650x on my X58 build then 😀

But sigh, the desire to have all dual-socket, dual-GPU rigs is strong. Verrrry strong.

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 3 of 5, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Only if your desire to suffer is that strong. SLI/Crossfire don't scale well and have problems with input lag and frame pacing.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know how you feel.
I have a pair of GTX590's but only in a single socket board. One day I want to get dual socket Asus Z10PE board, but prices are still too high for something with 0 practical use.

Then I have this freak but think one of the HD7990 cards is on the way out and the build is a bit "messy" for my tastes
My Win7/XP build with 2 CPU 16 thread's, 4 GPU crossfire, 2 PSU build