VOGONS

First post, by Robbbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've noticed that mouse wheel is not supported on a standard build of Windows 95 or on NT 4.0 .

I tried downloading a few random drivers off the net but none of them worked and one of them even made the computer go crazy so I had to remove it.

One of the NT computers had a driver by the name of Fellowes installed and that works perfectly, however I'm unable to locate the installation program anywhere.

What driver(s) would you suggest? It's a standard PS/2 mouse with scroll wheel that you could buy in a shop currently.

Reply 1 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why not use the official driver? What is the brand?

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 2 of 5, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robbbert wrote on 2023-12-04, 11:47:

What driver(s) would you suggest? It's a standard PS/2 mouse with scroll wheel that you could buy in a shop currently.

I think Microsoft's Intellimouse driver can enable the scroll wheel under Win95 even for non-Microsoft branded mice.

Try this version from Vogonsdrivers.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 4 of 5, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Best method for NT4 is to use no additional driver and edit the registry to fix it.

See here:
https://www.itprotoday.com/compute-engines/js … el-not-detected

If you have a PS/2 Wheel Mouse without special driver (IntelliPoint or 3rd party), and the wheel is not functional, it is probably not being detected. Browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters

Edit or Add Value name EnableWheelDetection, a type REG_DWORD, and set the data to 2.

Reply 5 of 5, by Robbbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I still have 2 NT machines that haven't been done yet, so I'll try that idea whenever I get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I recently found the Fellowes driver that was on the original post, just downloaded and saved so far.